• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carbide burr bit

steve from staten island

Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
Im looking for recommendations for good quality hi speed carbide bits for my die grinder
I want double cut only. Im running out of barrel bits which I use the most.
In my line of work I often have to repair egg shaped holes in steel. What I do is weld up the worn out area and grind it round to fit the bolt or pin.
So only good quality bits are needed
Ive seen some USA made but wanted to ask before I ordered
Thanks

Hey Steve, I prefer Viking. Quality bits Made in the U.S.A.
http://vikingdrill.com/index.php
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for
On the dump trucks and trailers the top hinge and the locks and linkage the holes get egged shape. Often that all that wrong other than the pin which is easily replaceable
Ive been building up holes for many years and than take my die grinder and open it up to fit the pin. No more rubbing gates or sloppy linkage. Guys I work for love it
We use to use air die grinders and burrs when welding a water wall tube and the burrs were everywhere, no cheap ones either
Will check out that site as im down to only two more barrel burs

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for
On the dump trucks and trailers the top hinge and the locks and linkage the holes get egged shape. Often that all that wrong other than the pin which is easily replaceable
Ive been building up holes for many years and than take my die grinder and open it up to fit the pin. No more rubbing gates or sloppy linkage. Guys I work for love it
We use to use air die grinders and burrs when welding a water wall tube and the burrs were everywhere, no cheap ones either
Will check out that site as im down to only two more barrel burs
You won't find better quality anywhere. Hopefully they have what you are looking for.

Keep in mind that narrow teeth are for steel and wider spaces between are for aluminum. Some appropriate wax is a good idea too to save them from getting gummy. I use mine every time I do bodywork on parts before moving to riffler files for the detail stuff.

IMG_20210405_160708.jpg

IMG_20210402_130410.jpg

I'd have to look and see what name brand we even get, I order them at work through a few suppliers and have never gotten a bad one. I know they're solid carbide because you can see where the shank is silver soldered to the cutter, HSS is one solid piece.

Viking is good stuff, another brand that has really impressed me is Pferd.... Their Inox series look like they should be for Aluminum but they cut stainless and regular steel like butter....

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 6.45.44 PM.png

Auto Transport Service
Back