• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Careful dealing with this guy/place on 426 Hemi air cleaner bases

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-426-Hemi-Air-Cleaner-Chrome-Dome-Base-for-Edelbrock-Carbs-MADE-in-USA/223052696224?epid=17009146913&hash=item33eefa0aa0:g:aIwAAOxySE9Q4xYH&_sop=10&_sacat=0&_nkw=426+hemi+air+cleaner+base&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

Long story short my friend bought what was supposed to be this nice stamped air cleaner back in March. I feel awful because I found this place for him when he said he was having a hard time finding one. My friend called the place as he has his number on the auction. He convinced him just to pay over the phone with a credit card(avoiding PP and E-bay fees). Weeks went by and nothing. Multiple phone calls made with excuses or no return call. Months went by and finally 4 1/2 months later the guy answers and says "oh yeah it's all done except for powder coat, I lost your information". My friend gives him his information and the guy says he must stay home to sign for it. My friend says "No I waited 4 1/2 months if you would have had it done when I wasn't working back in March and that he wasn't going to miss work" He then said "send it to my neighbor she will sign for it and gave all the information" Well the mailman saw the name and the "wrong" address and tried to deliver it to him instead of the neighbor.... thinking he was doing him a favor so there was another 5 day delay as it was sent back and re-shipped... He understands the shipping hiccup. He is very easy going which this guy likely took advantage of this. Now the real issue is what a POS this air cleaner is for the $500 he spent on it. You guys tell me if he has a right to be upset. He also does not even know if it actually fits the intake and carbs yet..

This is what he thought he bought as advertised...
advertised air cleaner.jpg

This is the POS that arrived...
photo 1 - Copy.JPG

photo 3 - Copy.JPG

photo air cleaner.JPG

The main thing you have to know is the carb spacing on the manifold. It depends on the manifold you're running, I have an Indy manifold and has a 9" center between carbs. I believe stock mopar has a different spacing.

"My friend called the place as he has his number on the auction. He convinced him just to pay over the phone with a credit card(avoiding PP and E-bay fees)."

That is a "live and learn" costly mistake........

For the seller he should be booted off of flee bay.....It is low life scum like him that ruin something good......

Sorry, for your buddy and hopefully he can recoup some $$ back.....

The main thing you have to know is the carb spacing on the manifold. It depends on the manifold you're running, I have an Indy manifold and has a 9" center between carbs. I believe stock mopar has a different spacing.

I am going to have to disagree. If he wanted a hacked cut up base he has the original one that he could have done that to for free. The "main" thing is this guy is advertising one thing and sending something else that is way less in value and taking his time doing it....

Call the credit card company and see if he can dispute the charge. If can get credit card people to back him (send them pics?) they can make it right. If he returns make the guy sign for it. I order a folding car that a vendor advertised in MCG magazine 6 months no chair. Talked to vender said he was having trouble with manufacturer . Well called credit card had them charge back on the vendor, they have 3 months to dispute it. Accout credited for purchase, all good. 4 months later I get a check from vendor for the purchase, mailed it back with a note I got my money back already.

Without seeing the add we don't Know what was promised. He could of said I'll make a reprducton off of this unit I have with a picture of said nice unit. And without finishing deal threw eBay there's nothing that can be done about him , as stated Try getting the c.c. company to refund the money and send it back I wouldn't be happy with that if it was $100 and that's what I got and it worked I'd be ok at $500 it better look dang near perfect!

Without seeing the add we don't Know what was promised. He could of said I'll make a reprducton off of this unit I have with a picture of said nice unit. And without finishing deal threw eBay there's nothing that can be done about him , as stated Try getting the c.c. company to refund the money and send it back I wouldn't be happy with that if it was $100 and that's what I got and it worked I'd be ok at $500 it better look dang near perfect!

Click on the e-bay ad that is posted right at the top of my first post that is what was promised.... Anyway here it is again...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-426-Hemi-Air-Cleaner-Chrome-Dome-Base-for-Edelbrock-Carbs-MADE-in-USA/223052696224?epid=17009146913&hash=item33eefa0aa0:g:aIwAAOxySE9Q4xYH&_sop=10&_sacat=0&_nkw=426+hemi+air+cleaner+base&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

Oh! F him find out where he lives and shove that part up his *** !

Call the Credit Card company and claim as a fraudulent transaction....they normally take a very dim view of fraud. Forget the Police, that will just draw out the process.

BTW, I'm no HEMI expert, but that piece looks like crap from here.

After reading the advert again...the seller is ONLY mis-representing this piece by showing a photo which does not depict the actual item for sale...his description is hard to pick holes in. He is located in Michigan...so he can claim it was made where he says it is....just economical with the truth - as in this is not an Original or Licenced product.

Awesome Mopar Hemi 1966 – 1969 and some 1970 models Chrome Dome Air Cleaner Base MADE in USA WITH THE LARGER 5-1/8 inch CARB OPENINGS. Now you can use the new Edelbrock Performer Carburetors on your Hemi project.

THIS BASE IS MADE OF USA STEEL IN DETROIT THE MOTOR CITY CAPITAL not aluminum, fiberglass or plastic. We will ship this item free to US address.

Honestly my friend is very passive.. He would rather have me let others know through this venue then pursue the credit card company. He views it as another lesson learned the hard way. I will try and convince him to contact the CC company but in the mean time hopefully this will save some others from being misled...

Funny update. The guy actually called my friend while he was at Carlisle to make sure he received it. My friend told me he then said he wasn't happy with it, looks awful and it's missing the brackets that run across and that he thought it would be like the one pictured in his auction. He said you don't need those brackets, no-one will see the spot welded areas once installed and one like the one pictured that would run him close to $1,000!!! Not a good guy to deal with for sure very misleading...

Auto Transport Service
Back