Carlisle, 2023

FU64RY

Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
I think we will drive up on Thursday as what I can find go to gate 5 and get my passes and park the truck trailer and unload the car and from there I am lost do I drive through the fairgrounds or drive around the fairgrounds and go in gate 3
Your passes will come in the mail. No need to go to gate 3 unless you have a problem. once the sticker is on your car you can go in any gate.

tom jaffeux

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks FU64RY that is the information I was looking for. Like to thank all others too any information is good

Local time
Reaction score
Good Luck with the hotel search. I booked a room about 2 months ago and it was slim picking back then.

1969VAGTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
Check out hotel options in Gettysburg. I stay there every year and the costs are reasonable (not jacked up because of Carlisle). It's about a 45 minute drive each way for the show, but it is a beautiful trip over and back and there are some good restaurants in Gettysburg. My daughter and I also cruise the battlefield each evening we are there. Makes for some great picture opportunities. I would recommend paying for the trailer lot outside the fairgrounds and just driving your car back and forth to wherever you stay each day.

FU64RY

Local time
Reaction score
A new motel just opened about 8 miles from Carlisle. I'll see if I can get the address for you. It's in Camp Hill
Spring Hill suites 717-737 3000

Last edited:

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
We stayed at a Motel 6, right off the exit on the Pike, in Carlisle. It was not full, and had the whole back parking lot open. Same thing for the Hotel across the street. Use the Middlesex Diner as a focal point, and work a 2-mile radius around it. Not cheap, but.short drive to the Show...

tom jaffeux

Local time
Reaction score
I booked hotel in Cumberland holiday inn express Thu leaving Sunday I have 2 young kids 5 and 9 so we will spend some of Friday atHershey park then spend Saturday and some of Sunday at Carlisle. Thanks for all the help and information it has helped a lot
Tom

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
We stayed at a Motel 6, right off the exit on the Pike, in Carlisle. It was not full, and had the whole back parking lot open. Same thing for the Hotel across the street. Use the Middlesex Diner as a focal point, and work a 2-mile radius around it. Not cheap, but.short drive to the Show...

Did they leave the light on for you?

chargervert

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Some people will do anything to get a room near the fairground!