• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle rooms?

popslavaz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:00 AM
Reaction score
Planning on going to the Mopar Carlisle show in July. Any suggestions for where to stay?Never attended before so I have no idea best area to look for rooms.
Thanks. POPS

My buddies stay at the Park Inn in West Harrisburg which is like 25min or so from the fairgrounds. If you can't find anything in town, that hotel is nice and has room for trailers and such for the cars.

Harrisburg. Anything around Carlisle is already full.

I just booked a room at Travelodge in Carlisle. Still a few available rooms as of Saturday. Couldn't tell you what kind of place it is. Has a roof and a bed so I'm good...

Most of the quality locations are booked each year for the following year. Due to the proximity of Gettysburg and other attractions, rooms are always expensive this time of the year. Mechanisburg, Shippensburg, Chambersburg are all a 20 to 30 minute drive and will provide more options.

I forgot the name of the hotel my family and I are staying at this year. Supposed to be a good price though. I could get back to you, if you want/need. Most likely it will be better than last years hotel. My family and I stayed at the Super 8 across from the Middlesex Diner last year. Not good. Room smelt like someone was smoking there and was dirty too.

Harrisburg. Anything around Carlisle is already full.
We always stay at the holiday inn just off the turnpike and have to book rooms for the following year soon after we get home from the show or else its already filled up.

Auto Transport Service
Back