• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpet kit recommendations

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Are most of the hook and loop carpets the same quality? Are any shipped flat so your not having to fight a rolled up taco flapping in your face? I envision Curley trying to install a curled up carpet.........

Are most of the hook and loop carpets the same quality? Are any shipped flat so your not having to fight a rolled up taco flapping in your face? I envision Curley trying to install a curled up carpet.........
....you'd be right. Never install on a cold day. I take mine out and leave them on the floor flat with items holding down the edges for like a week. Room temp is fine.

I think ecs ships theirs flat they are in saint louis 1 855 532 7846 good people to deal with.

Anyone use Legendary's Carpet??
Yep, and never again....they billed me the day I ordered, said "we'll ship it by the end of the week.." Yeah right. I got it 3-1/2 weeks later, drop shipped from ACC...just like everyone else's. Since then, Rock Auto baby! Same exact carpet, same exact box, lower price and had it in 4 days....
Like dadsbee says ACC supplies it for everyone now.
@Moparfeind, don't fear the roll! Lay it out flat for a few days before installing and save yourself a bunch of cash. And...to really do it nice you should be using a small steamer anyway, it will help the carpet form to your floor pan and remove any folds/wrinkles from shipping.

Last edited:
I think ecs ships theirs flat they are in saint louis 1 855 532 7846 good people to deal with.
Yes they do...I thought I needed theirs and they quoted me $400. Under $150 from places like stock interiors or rock auto, for the same carpet...Ouch!! It still needs to be installed properly to look and fit right with all the contours stamped into our wonky-*** floor pans:rolleyes:

Yes they do...I thought I needed theirs and they quoted me $400. Under $150 from places like stock interiors or rock auto, for the same carpet...Ouch!! It still needs to be installed properly to look and fit right with all the contours stamped into our wonky-*** floor pans:rolleyes:
They are wonky *** floor pans now that I think about it lol.

Like others have said. ACC through rock auto. Best price, quick shipping. If it’s black it’ll be fresh.

Use the ACC website to pick out the carpet, their website is just better.
Then order through summit, they usually beat RA on price, free shipping, and right now are having a discount sale.

Use the ACC website to pick out the carpet, their website is just better.
Then order through summit, they usually beat RA on price, free shipping, and right now are having a discount sale.

Sorry, really have to disagree on this one. Just did the pricing exercise based on a 69 road runner 4 speed with mass backing.
Rock Auto was $186.79 plus $26.99 shipping for a total of $213.78
Summit was. $287.99 plus free shipping. For a total of $287.99

Rock auto hands down winner here. It’s probably because they get greater discount for the massive amounts of carpet it sells.

ACC Carpet is the only manufacturer for the molded carpets, rubber floor coverings and molded trunk mats. All of the various vendors are buying either indirect or directly through the ACC network.

For us, we drop ship directly from ACC as it gives the customer the freshest product. Some larger vendors will purchase in bulk to get a better price, but then it may be a couple weeks to months before it sells and then it has been crammed in a box for all of that time. Typically, ACC sends out 14 trailer loads of carpet per day and their shipping rates are much cheaper than most smaller vendors like myself can offer if I was shipping from my location.

We have a dedicated sales rep and once I call the order in, it is generally able to ship in less than 48 hours. I always stress that the carpet be removed from the box upon delivery as it will make for a much easier installation.

One bit of information for you guys looking at the various websites, if you should desire a custom color other than the non factory colors, you can view a huge variety of colors from the ACC site. Just select the "Show All Colors" in the color selection tab. I know that we have had a number of customers select different shades of the reds and blues for their cars.

The ACC carpet for my 64 was cheaper through Legendary.
The ACC floormats for my 64 were way cheaper through summit, ridiculously cheaper.
The ACC carpet for my 62 was cheaper through summit.

The ACC floormats for my 62 were cheaper through summit when I looked a year ago but did not purchase.

Each time I checked ACC, Legendary, summit, RA, and a few other sites I don't recall. I will again when I buy floormats and another carpet/floormats.

Neither carpet was a folded mess, both were perfect with plenty of extra on all 4 sides, with the rear covering more than the factory. The molded areas were spot on.
The floormats were perfect shipped in a flat box, no folding.

The carpeted floormats did start to become hairy, not sure of the technical term, immediately so I put a small rubber mat on top of the front ones.

Overall, ACC is excellent.

Legendary is having a sale per its email today.

thumbnail

I watched an episode of Gearz when he was doing the Miata car interior. He used a heat gun on the back to get the wrinkles out did this on the Coronet carpet came out great. Kris

Auto Transport Service
Back