• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpet to console adhesive ??

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
What type of glue are you guys using to attach your new carpet to a console? I was planning on using some contact cement, but it doesn't stick to the console body. There must be something out there made for this?

Is that the 3M 77 super adhesive? I used that on the small piece of carpet to the metal on the rear of the console. It seems to have stuck fairly well, but it is not dry after sitting overnight and could be pulled apart. Maybe I sprayed it on to thick?

You have to spray the console and the back of the carpet and let it dry some before you put them together. It says on the can how long before putting it together. It will work if done right. Ronnie

You have to spray the console and the back of the carpet and let it dry some before you put them together. It says on the can how long before putting it together. It will work if done right. Ronnie

Thanks - I will give it a try.

Super 77 is good stuff, just like okie said, both sides need to sprayed and then it needs some flash time. Patience works well too.

What type of glue are you guys using to attach your new carpet to a console? I was planning on using some contact cement, but it doesn't stick to the console body. There must be something out there made for this?

I use clear silicone...any mess is easy to remove when dry. Takes a bit to dry but works well about anywhere but you can't paint it if needed

Auto Transport Service
Back