• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cart to support hood while repairing

YY1

Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought a Roadrunner hood for my 73 Sat.

There are some minor rust holes (about 1/8 inch) right on the front lip.

I'm having a tough time finding a heavy cart or work bench that's big enough and high enough to set it on while I sand, grind, and weld on it.

My brother has a hand faricated one, but I'd like to avoid that if I can.

What are you guys using?

About the closest thing I can find is a used section of scaffolding. I'd have to fab a top surface, or at least modify the plank, but it would be heavy enough, big enough, tall enough, and mobile, plus collapseable for easier storage.

I'll also have my Charger bulge hood to graft a new underside to, plus some doors to work on in the future.

I'd also rather not spend $300.

How about using one of those Body Shop foldable stands with the foam on the top rails. See pic attached of one I use sometimes in background of Engine pic.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 169
How about using one of those Body Shop foldable stands with the foam on the top rails. See pic attached of one I use sometimes in background of Engine pic.

that is what i was gonna say.i have two of them and they work great.cheep to buy as well.

I need to be able to wheel it in and out of my storage unit to sand and paint (with the part still on it).

I went with a single section of 4 1/2 x 7 scaffolding.

I'm fabbing some casters and a top.

Auto Transport Service
Back