• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Carter m-4862 Fuel Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnora

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Carter M-4862 fuel pump. RB,B, Hemi. Was new and maybe 1/2 hour run time. Made to much pressure for street use and needs to be run with a regulator which I did not want to use. 100.00 shipped. Can do pay pal. PM me if interested.

100_2002.JPG 100_2003.JPG

How many psi was it putting out?

That's dang near double what the specs are on it. Something weird going on there?
My Hemi had dyno time only and this was the first run in the car. It was causing flooding and my cheap summit gauge looked to be past 15 psi. Did some reading and asking, mixed results on weather a regulator was needed or not. I was plumbed for no regulator and did not want one so I opted for the next step down pump which runs at about 6 to 7 psi and no flooding. I would run this with a regulator and would have no problems doing so.

My Hemi had dyno time only and this was the first run in the car. It was causing flooding and my cheap summit gauge looked to be past 15 psi. Did some reading and asking, mixed results on weather a regulator was needed or not. I was plumbed for no regulator and did not want one so I opted for the next step down pump which runs at about 6 to 7 psi and no flooding. I would run this with a regulator and would have no problems doing so.
Sure, but something isn't right there - a gauge or the pump itself or something.
I have the same pump on mine at they're rated 7-8psi.
Wonder if the diaphragm isn't passing fuel through to the crankcase or vice-versa? Always a concern with these.

Sure, but something isn't right there - a gauge or the pump itself or something.
I have the same pump on mine at they're rated 7-8psi.
Wonder if the diaphragm isn't passing fuel through to the crankcase or vice-versa? Always a concern with these.
This pump is 15 years old, new and in the box. Even though this is the first time on a motor I did not want to be running excess raw fuel past the rings. I read somewhere that the earlier pumps were rated higher. Responses I got were from 8 to 12 plus psi. Some said no problems no regulator and others said problems and had to run a regulator. Some places even state when buying a regulator is most likely needed. I have to much money invested to let this get in the way.

This pump is 15 years old, new and in the box. Even though this is the first time on a motor I did not want to be running excess raw fuel past the rings. I read somewhere that the earlier pumps were rated higher. Responses I got were from 8 to 12 plus psi. Some said no problems no regulator and others said problems and had to run a regulator. Some places even state when buying a regulator is most likely needed. I have to much money invested to let this get in the way.
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification and good luck with the sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back