• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carter Thermoquad.?.?.?

66DodgeCharger

Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I got this carb free when I purchased a four barrel "square bore" intake manifold to fit my 66 Charger it is a Carter Carb 9103s I researched it and it looks like it came off of a 77 400 hp motor, i'm fairly certain I can place it on my 66 361 engine along with the intake manifold, what I am looking for is more information on the carb... such as emissions, CFM, good and bad etc...

Here are some numbers that I don't know the meaning of

I-2357

Can anyone help me out on this carb.?.?.?

Hi everyone,
I got this carb free when I purchased a four barrel "square bore" intake manifold to fit my 66 Charger it is a Carter Carb 9103s I researched it and it looks like it came off of a 77 400 hp motor, i'm fairly certain I can place it on my 66 361 engine along with the intake manifold, what I am looking for is more information on the carb... such as emissions, CFM, good and bad etc...

Here are some numbers that I don't know the meaning of

I-2357

Can anyone help me out on this carb.?.?.?
What's the numbers on the front of the choke horn

The number are...

In order

213-80A
63245A

I'll send pictures of it after my phone is charged to see if some can tell if all the parts are there...

Looks like the 9103s was used on 73-76 400-440, lean burn, 800-850cfm

Thermoquad is a spreadbore carb. You say you got a square bore intake, you'll need an adaptor.

It will probably work fine... But given lean burn vintage, You may need to do something mild like set the float level a wee bit higher, and or play with the metering rod set height screw at the center of the TQ... clockwise is richer on the cam lift response.

It will probably work fine... But given lean burn vintage, You may need to do something mild like set the float level a wee bit higher, and or play with the metering rod set height screw at the center of the TQ... clockwise is richer on the cam lift response.

And most lean burn have no idle sped adjustment screw,you will have to drill and tap the tang for a screw.

Auto Transport Service
Back