• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cast Hemi blocks

SSjunkie

Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the availability of cast iron Gen II hemi blocks?

Showing available through mopar.

https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/performance-catalogs/Performance_Engine_Catalog.pdf

DEBBC47A-5F4E-440B-AC04-48E01B65FEAB.png

Thanks for the reply. I saw that but it seems like nobody has stock right now.

As always. They seem to be available from someone....for about 2 weeks, then...POOF! Wait for years.

Thank you. I talked to them (Jegs) and it looks like nothing until Feb. of next year...just not sure what year !!

My buddy is a parts guy at our local dealer.....he told me right out that Jegs and Summit always buy all the stock of parts so the dealers struggle to get anything. Anytime I ask him to look, its on national backorder. He said just go to Summit and order it. Stupid if you ask me. Dealers can't even get the parts they are manufacturing haha!

I'm a die hard Mopar fan, but dealing with the MP supply chain is really frustrating!!
On a side note, I'm also considering aluminum as well. Anything I should watch out for in a street/strip application?

I'm a die hard Mopar fan, but dealing with the MP supply chain is really frustrating!!
On a side note, I'm also considering aluminum as well. Anything I should watch out for in a street/strip application?
YOUR WALLET!:D

For the price of that ebay block, $600 more aluminum block would be a better deal.MO

New aluminum KB blocks are $8000
New high or low deck iron block from BullDog Performance in Tennesee are $4000 yes, they are NHRA approved and all mopar parts will fit`1-317-869-8689
Tell them that Sled City Fiberglass sent ya

Thanks for the info. I bought my Super stock hood scoop off of you approx 2 years ago lol. I'm really looking at the aluminum block route hard right now. KB is a bit out of my price range as I'm dealing with Canadian Pesos! Anybody had any experience with Indy or Bill Mitchell aluminum blocks?

Thanks for the info. I bought my Super stock hood scoop off of you approx 2 years ago lol. I'm really looking at the aluminum block route hard right now. KB is a bit out of my price range as I'm dealing with Canadian Pesos! Anybody had any experience with Indy or Bill Mitchell aluminum blocks?
I’ve used both on prior builds with good results. This will be the most power I’ve put on either one when it hits the dyno this spring.
281663F2-6966-48F9-84D9-6B42A6E10774.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back