• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cast Iron Dual Quad Manifold date coded 65???

moobster

Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about this manifold. It's a RB manifold like the 62 300h casting #2264877 but it has a date code 7/9/5 (Sept 7th 65)??? It also has WMC in a diamond outline as a logo, I don't know what the WMC stands for either. Any help would be great. Thanks
20190619_173714.jpg
20190619_173802.jpg

Mine has 2 . 1 . 6 thought it was February 16. But they could be sequence numbers for each batch of castings. 1962 was the last year for these.

20190619_211135.jpg

Mine has 2 . 1 . 6 thought it was February 16. But they could be sequence numbers for each batch of castings. 1962 was the last year for these.

View attachment 786212
Yes, I agree on '62 as the last year for a production option. I was wondering if it was sold as an over the counter accessory? Cause July 95th isn't an option. How about the WMC?

Yes, I agree on '62 as the last year for a production option. I was wondering if it was sold as an over the counter accessory? Cause July 95th isn't an option. How about the WMC?
You would need a after market mopar parts catalog to know that. I'd doubt if they were. The WMC might be the foundry symbol.

They need modifying to use a newer carb. I opened up the smaller holes to except the Eldebrock's larger butterflies.

You would need a after market mopar parts catalog to know that. I'd doubt if they were. The WMC might be the foundry symbol.

They need modifying to use a newer carb. I opened up the smaller holes to except the Eldebrock's larger butterflies.
On mine there is only one smaller hole on the primary side of each carb. Were you using 600's?

On mine there is only one smaller hole on the primary side of each carb. Were you using 600's?

I'm useing 600's. I found a reamer the same size as the larger holes and made the two smaller ones the same size. I thought it looked like you had three one size and one smaller but pics do that. Thats weird. The butterflies on the 600 Eldebrock were larger than the openings on the secondary.

I saw that, he said 67 and I wonder if the manifold really only said 7.
That's what gets me thinking maybe an over-the-counter performance upgrade.

They really aren't a "performance" upgrade. Not by todays standards anyway.

That's what gets me thinking maybe an over-the-counter performance upgrade.
I googled "mopar intake manifold 2264877" read someplace that intake was available into the 70's.

I'm useing 600's. I found a reamer the same size as the larger holes and made the two smaller ones the same size. I thought it looked like you had three one size and one smaller but pics do that. Thats weird. The butterflies on the 600 Eldebrock were larger than the openings on the secondary.
Ok, I got a rotobroach and a mag drill. That's how I opened up the 413 cross ram to accept the 64 max wedge 750's.

Look at the pic of the "B" engine manifold they mentioned. It has a date code that ends with "7" as well.

Can anyone tell me about this manifold.

I'd hang on to a piece like that, just because. Excellent piece of history and conversation item, that you could throw on a car at any time. :D

It would be a cool setup for a period correct build. Like that manifold of yours suits your car to a Tee.
That's why I went that route, for the nostalgia look. I did have a lean condition with the front cylinders useing a progressive linkage. Went one to one and it's gone. Has to be a trick to useing a progressive linkage like the factory did. Maybe leaving the front throttle plates cracked just a bit. Tried different jetting ect with no avail. I'm getting 12 mpg around town with the one to one so I'm leaving it alone for now.

Auto Transport Service
Back