• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cat whisker assembly help...69 Coronet

Mocajava

Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
Received the cat whiskers the other day but now am looking for some instructional help in putting them in place correctly....the first time! Since they were already removed from the car when I got it, I really have no reference as to placement and how they are mounted and no type of instructions came with the package. I am hoping one of the fellow FBBO members can point me to some instructional videos or photos that can send me down the right road. I have no glass anywhere on the vehicle so that aspect is out of my way. I am assuming the glass doesn't need to be in there prior to installation of the cat whiskers? Thanks in advance. Mocajava

There are slots the tabs fit in. Don't forget the little felt piece just above the door handle on the outside.
img_20200209_093554390-jpg.jpg

There are slots the tabs fit in. Don't forget the little felt piece just above the door handle on the outside.
View attachment 918997
69 GTX Since I just got a bag with 8 pieces and no idea which ones go where, I am at ground zero. Are all the pieces made to the exact length or do some need to be cut to length? If all the pieces ARE made to exact length, I can probably figure out which ones go where by matching against the required areas. On some pieces, I hear people talk about not using the staples and screwing or riveting them in place...any thoughts on that? I didn't get any staples with the whiskers I bought....BTW.

I hear people talk about not using the staples and screwing or riveting them in place

That sound like the inside pieces. Sometimes they're still in good shape on cars that were a bit sheltered. Unless they're not-so-good cheap reproductions, you should be able to match them up.

They should be obvious after staring at them for a while. Flip them around and line the clips up with the holes, they do only go one way.

Well I fortunately saved the old whiskers (most anyway) and started on the rear quarter glass area. I elected to rivet the internal felts in place vs trying to replicate the staple scenario on the removable panel/ wing. All that went well after I realized that factory had removed part of the lower rib to allow it to bend/ curl upward. Seeing that really helped me form them and they look good.
The trouble starts with the external wiping whiskers on the quarter panels and trying to get them to mold to body contours! You can't cut part of that webbing away without taking off the wiper section. I could really use some good pictures AND instructions on how I am supposed to get them to fit the upward curve where the pre-made holes are in the body panel at the very back of the window. I am stumped because THAT piece of whiskers didn't get saved and I have no reference. Does anyone have prior experience with assembling this and how I go about it??? Do I need to start a new post to get help with this? I looked at u tube and didn't find any videos pertaining to that assembly, hope someone on here can point me in the right direction!!

Check out my thread.
I figured out the biggest part of the problem..I was sent wrong year model whiskers! I was sent 66-67 Coronet whiskers, totally different. Contacted DMT and they are shipping me the correct ones now, should be self explanatary after that. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back