• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cat whisker question

Dreamcatcher

Will fish for food
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone got a picture on the rear side window of the relationship of the stainless trim and the cat whisker. The cat whiskers I have, have the chrome strip on them and it don't look right with the stainless trim and the holes do not line up right. The car is a 68 charger.

Driver side, looking toward the front. Glass is rolled up just a few inches for reference.
20191001_151612.jpg

Do you have the correct felts? The reason that I ask is that the Charger felts for the outers do not use the bright bead as the Plymouth and Dodge B-Bodies do. As you know the inner felts for the Chargers use a wide bright bead.

Also on the alignment issue, is it on the inner or outer felts?

Do you have the correct felts? The reason that I ask is that the Charger felts for the outers do not use the bright bead as the Plymouth and Dodge B-Bodies do. As you know the inner felts for the Chargers use a wide bright bead.

Also on the alignment issue, is it on the inner or outer felts?
Sorry I didn't see your post. No I do not have the right felts. I bought a set from someone that claimed they were right. They have the chrome bead and the fronts would fit. But the rears are too long and do not have the clips but have screw holes. The fronts have the clips and match the mounting spots. Any help appreciated.

Has anyone got a picture on the rear side window of the relationship of the stainless trim and the cat whisker. The cat whiskers I have, have the chrome strip on them and it don't look right with the stainless trim and the holes do not line up right. The car is a 68 charger.
I just installed cat whiskers that claimed to be for a 69 Coronet convertible. Though I eventually made them work. Those clips don’t line up well either. I had to to some prying, twisting and other fabrication to make them line up. And the trim doesn’t run the full length as the originals did. My reason in mentioning this. I assume most people deal with this dilemma making aftermarkets work. They are all probably similar in alignment, etc. In the end I was fairly satisfied, but I earned it.

Auto Transport Service
Back