• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Caveat emptor (caution)

detmatt1

Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on that. I am about to order a bunch of chrome bits and finishing touches for my `68 Road Runner, maybe I'll think twice about going through their Ebay store. That's B.S.!

I don't know what happened with PG they use to be a reputable co. Hearing a lot of bad stories lately.

Im just pissed this chinese company is based out of Canada- makes us look bad

Im just pissed this chinese company is based out of Canada- makes us look bad
Welcome to the club!! I've been harping about junk China made products for years but seems like no one really cares.....until their job moves away....then it's too late.

Steer clear of PG.It might be the same parts but if i had to i would try BEA,at least it would be someone on the other end that speaks english.

I was considering the complete dash plastic for my 69 GTS but now I'm a bit apprehensive about getting it. If anyone has feedback on that I'd like to know. I did buy some stuff from them for my 68 and 69 RR and was pretty satisfied with what I got. Here's what I got:

Display seat belts look pretty good but lack the markings. mIne were shredded.

Head rests are OK but you can tell they are repos. Better than what I had for sure!

Rocker switches are OK but you can't use but one or two out of the set. They make them with the same attachment feature but the switch levers are not all the same. The only one I was able to use was the flasher and maybe one other. The fit up issue can be solved with epoxy and fabricating skills and can be considered as a good alternative to rechroming the old ones. Also the thumb wheel dimmer switch I got is only good for one style of dimmer switch assemblies.

The RR gauge bezel chrome trim was spot on and fit perfectly. Somewhere I have my gauge clusters pictured on this site that shows the cluster all together.

From a manufacturing standpoint having to tool up to make all the different switches for one car would be very costly and by the time it was done no one would be able to afford them. That goes with many other parts. With MoPars it's even worse because they didn't make 350,000 Road Runners in 68 like they did Mustangs so the big question is can the tooling cost get paid back in a reasonable time? But on the other hand if someone is going out of their way to make a mold for a dash bezel why not refine the process until it comes out right? A big part of the investment is already made so why not take it the extra 10%. Either do it right and charge for it or don't bother.

It's stories like the poster's experience that suggests PG Classics is in the business of making money and not car parts, and on some level that's true about every company in existence. You have to walk a fine line between maintaining a healthy profit and a satisfied customer base and you can't have one without the other!

I was considering the complete dash plastic for my 69 GTS but now I'm a bit apprehensive about getting it. If anyone has feedback on that I'd like to know. I did buy some stuff from them for my 68 and 69 RR and was pretty satisfied with what I got. Here's what I got:

Display seat belts look pretty good but lack the markings. mIne were shredded.

Head rests are OK but you can tell they are repos. Better than what I had for sure!

Rocker switches are OK but you can't use but one or two out of the set. They make them with the same attachment feature but the switch levers are not all the same. The only one I was able to use was the flasher and maybe one other. The fit up issue can be solved with epoxy and fabricating skills and can be considered as a good alternative to rechroming the old ones. Also the thumb wheel dimmer switch I got is only good for one style of dimmer switch assemblies.

The RR gauge bezel chrome trim was spot on and fit perfectly. Somewhere I have my gauge clusters pictured on this site that shows the cluster all together.

From a manufacturing standpoint having to tool up to make all the different switches for one car would be very costly and by the time it was done no one would be able to afford them. That goes with many other parts. With MoPars it's even worse because they didn't make 350,000 Road Runners in 68 like they did Mustangs so the big question is can the tooling cost get paid back in a reasonable time? But on the other hand if someone is going out of their way to make a mold for a dash bezel why not refine the process until it comes out right? A big part of the investment is already made so why not take it the extra 10%. Either do it right and charge for it or don't bother.

It's stories like the poster's experience that suggests PG Classics is in the business of making money and not car parts, and on some level that's true about every company in existence. You have to walk a fine line between maintaining a healthy profit and a satisfied customer base and you can't have one without the other!
:thumbsup:

detmatt1,
Try BEA in Ohio. I just bought some marker lights for my 68 and they were quality, got them fast and didn't get raped. They even came with the bulbs! Mike has a lot of quality parts available and he is close to you. my 2 cents. No complaints here and I would buy from them again for sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back