• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CC speedo cable replacement.

Jonnyuma

Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
When I removed my non-functional cruise control I figgered swapping the two piece speedo cable with a new one piece unit would be a cinch. Uh...nope. The tranny end is a totally different deal and there's no way (that I can tell) to modify either the trans or the cable to work. I could expand on the differences, but if you know what I'm talking about then, well...you already know. Is anybody familiar with this and how do you get around it?

What year car/tranny do you have?.
When I removed my non-functional cruise control I figgered swapping the two piece speedo cable with a new one piece unit would be a cinch. Uh...nope. The tranny end is a totally different deal and there's no way (that I can tell) to modify either the trans or the cable to work. I could expand on the differences, but if you know what I'm talking about then, well...you already know. Is anybody familiar with this and how do you get around it?

The car is a 76 Cordoba w a 360 (originally a 2bbl), and the trans is a 727. I don't know for a fact that its the original as most came w 904s. The HD trans mount and 6-leaf spring packs lead me to believe that this may have been part of some HD option package (hence the trans upgrade), although there's no other "add-ons", ie: aux trans, oil, ps cooler(s), trailer hitch, or large capacity radiator.
I don't think I've ever had a Mopar w factory cruise before, they've mostly been too old or stripp-o models. Shoot, even my '69 300 had manual windows and locks (how barbaric). I'm making the assumption that the transmission end of the speedo cable's differences are due to the cruise control, because that's the only real variable between this car and the other cars/ trucks I've owned.
Thanx for the come-back.

Auto Transport Service
Back