• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Center Console 67 Charger Trim options

relam

Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
Any way of finding out factory options on this? I picked up a 4 speed model and is currently shipping to me, but it has no console arm rest between the front seats, but the back one is there intact. Pictures only the shifter stick with the chrome trim around the base, and nothing between the driver and passenger seats. Seller stated that's how the car came according to the previous owner he bought it from. I have the vin but no way of deciphering it
3216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=-5dOJXmZ4sYAX97pIxJ&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.jpg

It could come that way. A buddy seat was optional in 67.

do you have a broadcast sheet? Fender tag?

Every 66 charger came with a full console and front and rear center armrests. We got so accustomed to seeing that we forget that the 67 console changed to a short one like a coronet with no armrest. Or no console at all.

It could come that way. A buddy seat was optional in 67.

do you have a broadcast sheet? Fender tag?

Every 66 charger came with a full console and front and rear center armrests. We got so accustomed to seeing that we forget that the 67 console changed to a short one like a coronet with no armrest. Or no console at all.
all i have right now is a pic of the tag on the door which just shows the vin nothing till the car shows up,

Take a seat out and see if the brackets were torched off the tunnel. If there were no brackets.... you have a damn rare one..

Take a seat out and see if the brackets were torched off the tunnel. If there were no brackets.... you have a damn rare one..
according to the second owner car had sat in garage for 35 years everything is factory original vin denotes a 383 yet it shows the V8 logo on fnrders. Said that nothing had really been done to car except having been repainted the factory color red years ago I will get a better picture next week, its definitly becoming more a one off for sure

A 383 2bbl will have a V-8 emblem on the fender. A 383 4 bbl will have that on an emblem.

What is the 5th digit of the VIN?
F G H J or L are your possibilities.

A 383 2bbl will have a V-8 emblem on the fender. A 383 4 bbl will have that on an emblem.

What is the 5th digit of the VIN?
F G H J or L are your possibilities.

yes G, and it did have the 2 bbl on it btw so that makes sense good to know my 66 has the V8 emblem but was a 318 originally

Only the 1966 Chargers came with the long console that extended to rear seat. It was a 2-piece affair that bolted together in the middle. In 1967, the console changed to the one piece design commonly seen in Coronet 500 or R/T. I know that the console was standard equipment on a 1966 Coronet 500, but became an option for 1967. I suspect this may have been the case for the Charger as well. I have seen 1967 Charger's with a "Buddy" seat instead of console, but don't think I have seen one with nothing. Did all 1967 Charger's with automatic come with a console, or could you get column shift like on Coronet 500 and R/T ? There is a 1966 Charger in my London, Ontario area that has standard equipment 318 Poly with 3-speed manual on column. It has the standard equipment full length console with a decorative top plate with no shifter. I also once saw a 1966 Coronet 500 in a local junkyard equipped the same way. In hindsight, I wish I had saved the console it of it.

iirc the buddy seat was only available with a column shift transmission
I find the missing console with a 4 speed suspicious but again we have learned never to say never with Ma Mopar
I certainly would pull back the seats to see if the floor has evidence of either console mounting brackets or evidence the 4 speed was added on later
Also questionable is a 4 speed with a 383 2 barrel
I have owned one buddy seat car it was a 318 auto w/ shifter on the steering column

They did make 383-2bbl with a 4 speed. Galens book says 117 made. I had one and it was fun.

They did make 383-2bbl with a 4 speed. Galens book says 117 made. I had one and it was fun.
according to seller this was all factory no mods ever done to it we will see next week

Just today I saw another 383-2bbl 67 column car on FB that looked like there was no buddy seat. Weird.

I have one more thing to add to this post, those front seats don't look like they have the emblems like the back seats? I know my 67 has the emblems on both the front and back, but now that I have looked at pictures on the internet some cars had the emblems and others didn't? I wish my Charger was a 4 speed car

I have one more thing to add to this post, those front seats don't look like they have the emblems like the back seats? I know my 67 has the emblems on both the front and back, but now that I have looked at pictures on the internet some cars had the emblems and others didn't? I wish my Charger was a 4 speed car

So here is my 66 i have now low and behold the seats are the same these are originals
originals
upload_2021-6-10_5-53-32.jpeg

A 67, if it had a console (buddy seat optional as mentioned) would only have one configuration be it 4 speed or auto. The arm rest would be there either way. Only difference would be shifter plate. Sounds like it may be from a 68 or 69 if it has a flat plate over glove box.
S4010476.JPG

So here is my 66 i have now low and behold the seats are the same these are originals
originals
View attachment 1122030
Those seats are 1967 pattern. And if you look at the material the front and back are different. The factory installed those seat emblems on all 4 seats in 67 Charger, Coronet 500 and R/T.

Front seat skins, have newer seat skins installed, by the looks of them, hence, medallions are missing. Had a friend stop by, with a newly acquired 67 for an inspection, interior looked mint, and pretty much original. Until I actually sat in the car, the material looked very close, however, way to soft and spongy, albeit, I was comparing 50 year old material to new tech material.

Auto Transport Service
Back