• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Center Console placement

70BurntRt

Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody have any pictures and or measurements on where the oem console brackets should be on a 68- 70 Charger b-body? I had the floor replaced and the brackets reinstalled but I don’t think they got it right.

2898533A-7ED5-4168-97C4-D62D2A2996D0.jpeg
80B831A8-DC84-4E3D-9479-CBFB8DBACB91.jpeg
66A0754D-3D67-40F0-9F95-1B6E0AA78031.jpeg
AA3F3962-96A0-403F-960D-DFF5BE88DC0F.jpeg

When I put them back in, I usually put the brackets on the console and then tack all of the brackets
to the floor so everything is in a "free state". Yeah, yours looks a little crooked.

Thread this recently but can't find it. Console is offset to drivers side. Think it was an inch not positive . your rear bracket looks right the box that attached to rear bracket isn't center between the 2 holes. Was the box welded at factory or added later? Wait for more posts.

If you at this picture you shifter box is correct on bracket.
coxe.JPG

They’re original brackets just cut off and reinstalled on a new floor. All the holes line up front to back but I think the front of the shifter box is to far to the left. I was hoping someone could post some measurements so I could check the placement of everything.

That’s helpful. I think I need to move the front brackets over to the right.
The back of the console is centered side to side but the front isn’t.

Auto Transport Service
Back