• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centerlink rubbing oil pan.

DETAILS MATTER!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
Stock 383. How to fix. Not rubbing real bad, but enough for some concern. Have read on here that some idler arms have the wrong geometry. Front end rebuilt with PST complete kit recently. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. A little knowledge please. Thanks in advance.

The 187 pan is a great pan for steering linkage clearance. But ran into the same issue on my buddy's GTX with a Milodon pan. So bad that it pushed the engine forward a bit.

I was just mentioning on another thread my lack of real clearance with a milodon pan. Been that way forever and it doesn't hit, but what I did was tighten the engine mounting brackets and bolts with the 'picker (or a jack) still holding the engine up off the steering link. Don't let it sink all the way down; there is enough adjustment in the brackets and K-frame to wiggle the engine around up/down/left/right as needed.

Here is a 187 pan and it has plenty of room. The Milodon from the rear of the block to the flat tank on the Milodon is 8 inches if I remember correct. The 187 has 11 inches from back of block to rear of tank.

dscn0906-jpg.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back