• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cerakote Exhaust.

Hemi2Much

Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of manifolds for the 426 hemi but until then I will have to go with the headers that I have.
I want them to look better than they currently do and I don't think the high temp paint really works too well.
Has anyone on the forum ever used Cerakote to coat their headers?
I'm thinking about trying the Glacier Titanium C-7900 Cerakote on them but wanted to see if anyone has tried it and how well it worked and the durability of it.
Thanks, JKent
.&_ga=2.265814223.1526832305.1676160043-1452103677.jpg

If you do it, please do a project thread here. I’m planning an oven build for this very reason.

I'm looking for a set of manifolds for the 426 hemi but until then I will have to go with the headers that I have.
I want them to look better than they currently do and I don't think the high temp paint really works too well.
Has anyone on the forum ever used Cerakote to coat their headers?
I'm thinking about trying the Glacier Titanium C-7900 Cerakote on them but wanted to see if anyone has tried it and how well it worked and the durability of it.
Thanks, JKentView attachment 1416796
I used jet hot on my hipo exhaust manifolds. Still look great.

If you do it, please do a project thread here. I’m planning an oven build for this very reason.
Cerakote makes an air-dry paintable high heat ( 1800* ) ceramic coating that you spray on with a paint gun. Tachs up in about 45 minutes and cures in 24 hours. They also make the bake-on coatings but I was going to use the air dry because I don't have an oven big enough for long tube headers. I would have to build a pretty big custom oven for something that big. Cerakote says that the air dry is just as durable as the bake on. It's called the Glacier series.
They have multiple different colors as well.

I've heard of this product but never used it. Looks very promising. I do belive one member on here was using it on one of their projects. (Smoothie's charger ? I think ). The idea and claims of the product sound amazing!

Make sure you make a thread if you use it !

Cerakote makes an air-dry paintable high heat ( 1800* ) ceramic coating that you spray on with a paint gun. Tachs up in about 45 minutes and cures in 24 hours. They also make the bake-on coatings but I was going to use the air dry because I don't have an oven big enough for long tube headers. I would have to build a pretty big custom oven for something that big. Cerakote says that the air dry is just as durable as the bake on. It's called the Glacier series.
They have multiple different colors as well.

I’m collecting enough stuff to put 3 heating elements in a box the size of a refrigerator.

My first oven is going to be an addition to an electric oven. Picture the door down on an electric range with a cover made to sit on the open door. Doubling the size. We’ll see how it goes

Hemi2Much…..I’m think about doing my headers with the Glacier series. Did you do yours?

Back in the 70's I had a buddy that worked at the local Round Table Pizza... He often worked till closing & after hours he was known to bake a few sets of freshly painted headers...

Back in the 70's I had a buddy that worked at the local Round Table Pizza... He often worked till closing & after hours he was known to bake a few sets of freshly painted headers...
Did the Anchovie smell ever come out?:lol:

I baked some parts in our oven at home that I had painted with POR-15.

It took about 3 weeks for the smell to go away. Never again.

If you buy a new stove and the old oven works becomes a garage oven. Great for baking freshly painted parts, hardens the paint.

I bought a yard sale oven for $20 years ago, for my powder coating hobby.

Auto Transport Service
Back