• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ch4b testing or dyno.

gtxrt

Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
does anyone one have personally or first hand testing on a ch4b intake. I read all the magazine articles most were on well built engines. wondering on a mild build with stock heads turning about 5200 rpms. Thanks

I'm surprised by the CH4B and the SD to be honest. I've run them both but I was disappointed by seat of the pants feel. I thought they were hyped a bit by the old selective memory, I guess not.

Seat of the pants is very misleading. Take it to the track or a Dyno to get the numbers on paper.

Several times a modification felt great seat of the pants and the car was slower at the track. Then the opposite, no difference seat of the pants and the car was quicker.

Yes this is taking the air/ weather into consideration.

I ran the ch4b on my 9-1 496 ported iron headed motor with a small solid cam and headers in my 70 Polara 4dr. It was deep port matched by Hughes Engines. I wanted to run the rpm but didn't have the hood clearance. Never had it on a dyno but it did run 12.54 @ 107 at 4300lbs with 3.55 gears and an 11" converter. Had no problem hitting 6k rpm and the motor would run higher.

I ran the ch4b on my 9-1 496 ported iron headed motor with a small solid cam and headers in my 70 Polara 4dr. It was deep port matched by Hughes Engines. I wanted to run the rpm but didn't have the hood clearance. Never had it on a dyno but it did run 12.54 @ 107 at 4300lbs with 3.55 gears and an 11" converter. Had no problem hitting 6k rpm and the motor would run higher.
Nice. The mph seems a bit off for the combo and et. What was your 60ft time, 1.70-ish?

1.80 iirc. Later found the fuel line had a decent size kink/crimp in it and replaced it.Don't know if it affected it or not.Made some other changes but it never made it back to the track.

Weight may have been a little more.That was 13 years ago.It ran some high 7.90's in the eighth mile.Don't remember the mph.

I wish I still had the motor out of that car but I sold the car 2 years ago.

Last edited:
I ran a sd on the car also but went with the ch4b for better low end on the heavy pig.

1.80 iirc. Later found the fuel line had a decent size kink/crimp in it and replaced it.Don't know if it affected it or not.Made some other changes but it never made it back to the track.

Weight may have been a little more.That was 13 years ago.It ran some high 7.90's in the eighth mile.Don't remember the mph.

I wish I still had the motor out of that car but I sold the car 2 years ago.
Fuel delivery issues on the big end will generate confusing results/time slips

can't find the track testing on intakes am sure it was somebody on these forums. he tested about 4 or 5 intakes at the track.

Auto Transport Service
Back