• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Challenger HP numbers revealed!

Amazing stuff. And it will sit and idle in 100 degree temperatures with the A/C on keeping you cool.

There are some amazing vehicles being produced today, several that I would love to have as a driver. That's one of them.

Having said that, I will first work on getting old cars like my 70 Road Runner. There is something about the "character" of the old cars that the new ones just don't have....

Hawk

I think you are wrong. While the old cars have character, as you put it. I won't disagree. But I think we see that through "rose coloured glasses".

We like our old cars because that's what we grew up with, and those were the cars that were cool to us at the time.

GM got played like a violin in all this....that alone makes for the best slam dunk of the season

Hellcat is impressive. Our old cars do have character. Time will tell in 45 years if the modern stuff is as revered. I won't be here. Don't forget, they are making today's cars to look like the cars designed all those years ago. That speaks for itself. They used clay. Not the CAD tools that come up with ugly results like the new Vette that looks like it came out of a committee. Mopar designers had vision and came up with iconic unmistakably American brutes. Exner. Brownlie. Herlitz.

Do you really think that Exner, Brownlie & Herlitz would not have used CAD if it was availible to them?

Hellcat is impressive. Our old cars do have character. Time will tell in 45 years if the modern stuff is as revered. I won't be here. Don't forget, they are making today's cars to look like the cars designed all those years ago. That speaks for itself. They used clay. Not the CAD tools that come up with ugly results like the new Vette that looks like it came out of a committee. Mopar designers had vision and came up with iconic unmistakably American brutes. Exner. Brownlie. Herlitz.
While I think that the new Hellcat is awesome I'm very reluctant to pour a lot of money into any new car that has limited production. The sad fact is that the factories have set up their parts stream to support their new cars for about 10 or 12 years and then you are on your own. If no aftermarket develops you are screwed. If you don't think this is a problem try finding an ECM, rear rotors, or various other parts for a Plymouth Prowler. There's very little aftermarket for Prowler parts and there aren't any sitting around in wrecking yards that I know of. IMHO I think damn few of these newer cars will be around (in running condition anyway) 40 or 50 years down the road. I won't be around so I'll let you youngsters worry about it.

soooooooooooooo sweet I will have one someday! just gonna have to take my 15' in 20' but I will have one !!:3gears: Still haven't heard any word about total production numbers yet anyone heard ???

- - - Updated - - -

While I think that the new Hellcat is awesome I'm very reluctant to pour a lot of money into any new car that has limited production. The sad fact is that the factories have set up their parts stream to support their new cars for about 10 or 12 years and then you are on your own. If no aftermarket develops you are screwed. If you don't think this is a problem try finding an ECM, rear rotors, or various other parts for a Plymouth Prowler. There's very little aftermarket for Prowler parts and there aren't any sitting around in wrecking yards that I know of. IMHO I think damn few of these newer cars will be around (in running condition anyway) 40 or 50 years down the road. I won't be around so I'll let you youngsters worry about it.
:headbang: aftermarket parts for new challangers is big and getting bigger everyday !!

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think this is going to be a problem with aftermarket support. The challenger has sold so well over the past several years that there are tons. Now they may not carry parts specific to the hellcat like brakes etc. But i bet the "upgrades" to the standard car parts will fit and be a decent replacement if all else fails. I like the fact that now i will be able to go order a replacement supercharger for a 6.4 hellcat and then bolt it on my Coronet :)

770hp is insane

{supposed to be 707hp}

Auto Transport Service
Back