• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

change color of door panels

moparjohnny

Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
what are we using now to change color on vinyl door panels. thanks

The stuff you get from Herbs is good. I used it to match my new Legendary interior parts. It was spot on.

Legendary Auto Interiors. Buy new ones in the color of your choice. :thumbsup:
However if the budget is constrained, SEM as mentioned above. Pick it up at your local PPG supplier. Good ****. Cheaper than Herbs.

What "dart" said. Clean, clean, clean. I've also had real good luck by spraying
adhesion promoter on the vinyl before the color.

Got any before and after pics?

No before pics , and it's in storage. They came out really good. The adhesion promoter suggest works well also, I've used it before on a seat and the paint held up well. I'm doing these buckets I just picked up in the spring when it's warm enough. White to black, they're in great shape..

01717_fHB9RkqhB9M_600x450.jpg

Here is a before (sorry for crappy quality) of my '74 SE Using Duplicolor.

Passinger%20Door_zpscnm9akz8.jpg

This is how the upper panels came out. Every part that I painted with the Duplicolor came out GREAT!!

Painted%20Parts%205_zpsms5zaixs.jpg

No before pics , and it's in storage. They came out really good. The adhesion promoter suggest works well also, I've used it before on a seat and the paint held up well. I'm doing these buckets I just picked up in the spring when it's warm enough. White to black, they're in great shape..

View attachment 695119

Here is a before (sorry for crappy quality) of my '74 SE Using Duplicolor.

View attachment 695240

This is how the upper panels came out. Every part that I painted with the Duplicolor came out GREAT!!

View attachment 695241

Wow that’s a MUCH better result than I was expecting! My charger like many out there has a completely destroyed dash pad. I was lucky enough that my car came with an additional dash pad, but it’s black... my interior is white with tan plastics/dash. I was initially just going to paint the plastics and dash black to match the new pad and leave the vinyl on the seats and door panels white but this has me reconsidering! Thanks for the pics!

Auto Transport Service
Back