• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Change front end of a 1975 Dodge Charger SE

John Molands

Local time
8:14 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is possible to change the frontend of a 1975 charger to get another look? I am thinking of fenders frontplate grill, hood etc? Is there any parts that is interchangeable.

Last edited:
someone at sometime, posted a picture of a 73 charger front wrap bolted onto a 77 charger se. if I remember, the body lines didn't match at the fender to door transition. it can be done. I have the entire suspension off a 77 under my 74, not much else will interchange.

Anyone know if there is possible to change the frontend of a 1971 charger to get another look? I am thinking of fenders frontplate grill, hood etc? Is there any parts that is interchangeable.

I remember seeing one done like that. The fenders were grafted together so the body lines matched. It looked like a well done job but the two very different stylings of a cars just didn't really mesh together. Different wheel openings, a pointy front (as compared to a Cordoba) looked very odd on a body with a more formal (squared off-ish) mid and rear of the car.

Try some photo shopping some pictures together to get a better idea of the look of the final product, you may be a little disappointed. However.... with enough time or money anything can be done.

What's the OP working on?

75 or 71.

It's not clear.

Easiest mod to 75 would be a 78/79 Magnum.

71 could be changed to hidden headlights (71 or 72) or any later up to 74.

If you like to do that kind of thing...Please do it to a Chevy.:bananaweed:
898069F0-E77B-4640-87F7-720D0DDD9F8B.png

I would say put the car together as it is and sell it, then get something else if you don't like the lines. I completely get trying to make what you have work but you are more than likely going to spend a lot of time, effort and money to arrive at something you probably will not like much better. Out there somewhere is someone who loves the 75, save the car for them.

I've seen that orange car in person it doesn't look so good up close nothing lines up very good it's close but no cigar!

It was just a question. My CAR will remain like it is. It is only 2 registrated 75 chargers here in Norway and I do not intend to destroy one of them

Auto Transport Service
Back