• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger hood clearance with cross ram intake.

wayne406

Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score
Does anybody have any help for my problem. I'm putting in a 426 hemi in my 69 charger and i was putting the mopar performance cross ram in it and i was told i wouldn't be able to close the hood as this intake is 2 1/2 inches taller that the factory inline. Also the car had a/c in it and is there any help to put a different a/c condenser in a different location?

Looks like you are up against a hole in the hood with some kind of scoop. I have no reason to believe that the A/C condenser cannot go in the stock location, but you will need a pulley system and relocation of the compressor.

At the 2019 aero car meet there was a blue Daytona with a hemi and a crossram intake and it was under the stock flat hood. I didn’t notice if the under bracing was cut out or not, or what it had for air cleaners. The car was on the track and driving around town.

Looks like you are up against a hole in the hood with some kind of scoop. I have no reason to believe that the A/C condenser cannot go in the stock location, but you will need a pulley system and relocation of the compressor.

I'm pretty sure he meant the compressor.... Which the better approach is to put a Sanden up top but lots of guys prefer to hide it down low which can be done but you wind up having to block the fuel pump & run an electric pump... and the belt is known to slip so it requires frequent maintenance... But since its more about looking cool rather than being cool some folk feel its worth the trouble...

brackets are available, follow the link

https://www.bouchillonperformance.com/products-aircon-compressor-brackets

Auto Transport Service
Back