• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger seat backs

fine69

Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
Hey all. My seats in my 69 charger have been redone not all that long ago. Not sure exactly how long ago because the loser I bought it from was just a car flipper and didn’t know anything about it.
Anywho… the seat backs tend to come loose and fall off every now and again. Obviously the problem is the short robertson wood screws holding them on. Question is, what do the original screws look like? And how long are they?

F69774C6-C80F-4D2F-9547-1E83D066B8CD.jpeg

They look like they are not clipped in good. There are 4 clips that that should be all the way under 4 positions on the seat structure.
20210830_174207.jpg
20210830_174141.jpg

Once in position correctly the screws just secure them, and aren't used to actually hold them in place.

Question is, what do the original screws look like? And how long are they?

They are not very big and the hooks have to be lined up and pushed in all the way. We had to push pretty hard while installing the screws. Are those originals? Did someone recover them?

Look poorly recovered to me. Original is still a question.

Thanks for the replies, fellas. Yes I’m sure they’re recovered originals. I guess I’ll round up some appropriate phillips screws and push a little harder. I’m always worried about breaking something when working on my car because this mopar **** is so expensive haha!

I’m always worried about breaking something when working on my car because this mopar **** is so expensive haha!

You're not going to break those seat frames unless they are rusted out pieces of crap. That seat back is going to be pushing against what is hopefully new foam so it's going to take some work. It's supposed to be a tight fit. Your photo looks like hooks are either missing or not shoved into the frame. Generally speaking other people working on a car don't give a **** about it.

Auto Transport Service
Back