• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charger to be on Graveyard Carz

Speedbird

Bird of Pray
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
Someone alerted me to this.
I don't have cable.
Guess I'll just have to wait for the reviews.
Should be fun to watch though.:rolleyes:

graveyard carz.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on what they start with they might have their hands full.
Much more difficult than a 68-70 b body which is what they always seem to work on.

I'd like to see Instrument Specialties redo the electro glow on the gauges. Probably one of the coolest dashes out there. My 66 would fade to dark the longer they were on. I checked the oscillator and it was good. Found out the luminous coating was the issue. This was mid eighties and I just grabbed a junkyard dash, worked better.

66 and 67 are my favorite Chargers and I look forward to seeing the episode.

looks like they are starting with a decent car,from two pictures. i look forward to all the facts.

Graveyard Carz doing a 1st Gen??? Really?
Don't expect much... Mark has never had anything good to say about 1st Gens. He has no respect for them at all. They're all just Marlins in his closed little tunnel vision mind. Like many people, Mark prefers ready made cool, due to a complete lack of creative vision... a custom rodder he is not.
The images of the white 1st Gen above are as old as the hills... I've used that image as a base when doing Photoshop paint schemes for other 1st Gen owners on more then one occasion. In fact, Jeff's Gorgeous 1st Gen that's seen here was originally inspired by a Photoshop from the image above.

Jeffs.jpg

Last edited:
I delivered a completely restored 66 Charger instrument cluster to Mark back in 2014 when he was just moving into his new shop. Also included a tach sending unit with a new RTE board and a rebuilt EL powerpack. Thought I'd get some air time on the show for The Gauge Doc, but not so much, lol. My buddy Thomas at Instrument Specialties has the dash frame for that car, not sure if he is going to ask Mark to send him the gauges to install or not. For all I know those gauges and accessories are lost and/or destroyed by now, it's been 5 years!

Oh and another note: My buddies at Mr Moparts and I helped move a bunch of disassembled parts from Mark's old shop to his new one and put parts in storage units. There were a bunch of parts from a 66/67 Charger, and it looked like someone dismantled it with a saws-all! Lots of can't find them anywhere stainless trim was twisted, bent, and just plain abused. Whoever dismantled whatever 1st Gen that came from should have been beaten with a stick, lol...

Mark

I used to like that show but after he called 66-67 Chargers upside down bathtubs, I don't watch much.
I do recall that he also called the 66-67 Chargers "dung buckets". Still watch the show but ......anyways, you love em or hate em....the 66-67 Chargers that is......and also the Cornets. No question here, I have both for the year of 67. If I had to pick another year for the Charger it would have to be the Bullitt 68.

Last edited:
i agree love or hate . i love them enough to have two, but 68 is a close second the 68 is not mine .
thumbnail (15).jpg

I have always like them. My Dad has had two 66's. I am more of a 68-70 dude. I have had 12 of them over the years.

Auto Transport Service
Back