• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlie Quarters

dmoore

Mopar to the end
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
I'd like to take a moment and give a shout out to Mr. Charlie Quarters up in East Tawas, MI. for the absolute perfect restoration of the steering wheel in my 64 Sport Fury 426 convertible. Charlie has helped us 62-65 guys with NOS, nice used parts and sound advice over these past years. I couldn't be more pleased if I pulled it right out of a 1964 Chrysler Plymouth box! P4Q is a very hard color to match. Thanks again Charlie for what you do and what you have done for our hobby!

20230216_135854.jpg

20230216_135926.jpg

Beautiful! I wonder if that came from the core I sold him back in 2013 that came out of my '64 Belvedere.

Charlie is a great guy and does fantastic work.

That is the original wheel to my car. It had been "restored " years ago but developed small hairline cracks top and bottom at center of hub. It was the wrong shade as well.

I found one better than mine and my daughter and I restored it. It came out really nice (especially for our first effort), but it has developed some small cracks over time.

Thank You very much for the shout out Dave and I've restored quite a few steering wheels for other members of this site too and many others scattered all over the world. In reply to 64 BEL, if not done the correct way they will usually crack again sometime down the line and sometimes shortly after being restored. I do something that to my knowledge nobody else restoring steering wheels does during the restoration process and so far that I know I have not had one crack again where I repaired it in the 28 years that I've been restoring steering wheels for customers. Knock on wood HA! HA! HA!

I do something that to my knowledge nobody else restoring steering wheels does during the restoration process and so far that I know I have not had one crack again where I repaired it in the 28 years that I've been restoring steering wheels for customers.
I don't suppose that the secret is something you want to share with the masses?

Thank You very much for the shout out Dave and I've restored quite a few steering wheels for other members of this site too and many others scattered all over the world. In reply to 64 BEL, if not done the correct way they will usually crack again sometime down the line and sometimes shortly after being restored. I do something that to my knowledge nobody else restoring steering wheels does during the restoration process and so far that I know I have not had one crack again where I repaired it in the 28 years that I've been restoring steering wheels for customers. Knock on wood HA! HA! HA!
It's great to have people like you involved in our passion. Looks great !

I second Dave's shout out to Charlie Quarters (65satelliteman). Charlie did a fantastic restoration on my badly cracked and color-faded original '65 Belvedere steering wheel. Thanks again Charlie! Here are some before & after pics:

Before
Steering Wheel Unrestored (9).JPG Steering Wheel Unrestored (10).JPG

After
Steering Wheel Restoredl 2-14-22 (5).JPG Steering Wheel Restoredl 2-14-22 (3).JPG
Steering Wheel Restoredl 2-14-22 (2).JPG 0000 2-18-23 (4)c.jpg

Charlie did a steering wheel and a dash pad for my Satellite. Both look very nice.

Thank you, One of the best

Can I PM you for a quote on my 70 Road Runner sterling wheel? No cracks just faded.

Auto Transport Service
Back