• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap meal?

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
What is your favorite cheap meal? I can get several meals out of a batch of spaghetti and meatballs. Seven bucks worth of ingredients, 5 meals, not bad! I can get three meals out of a can of beans, and a pack of hot dogs. Good beans, cheap dogs, about a buck a meal. I just finished tonight's first meal of half a cucumber and a third of a bag of baby carrots, and dip. Not counting the dip, it's here for salads too, about 60 cents (probably eat some more of something else later.)
But my favorite? A couple ears, or three, of corn on the cob. Absolutely delicious fresh corn can't be beat! 3 ears for 99cents at the moment here, I buy nine at a time.
I'm not cheap (well, yes I am!) and I eat a LOT of fast food, cause I'm lazy. I don't mind paying good money for GOOD food, but if I can save a buck or two nowadays, nothing wrong with that!
So, what's your favorite inexpensive meal?

Jambalaya. I pick up smoked sausage & frozen, cooked mini shimp when its on sale or BOGO. Add peppers, onions, rice, Creole seasoning... I can live on it!
My dad use to make what he called hillbilly soup. Fill a pot half with water, chop up & add an onion, a bunch of taters, a stalk or 2 of celery & half a head of cabbage if available. Toss in a can of corned beef & boil for nearly an hour till taters are done & CB is broken up. He'd toast up a thick sliced loaf of 99cent fresh french bread from the local deli to accompany it.
Good memories!

Tai Pei frozen chicken fried rice.. $3 a container and it's actually good...

Soup Beans and Corn Bread or some people call them brown beans. They are even better the next day warmed up and the 3rd day you make bean cakes out of them. Beans beans good for your heart, the more you eat the more you fart!

Sam's Club hot dogs on bread with mustard and relish. I eat it every day for lunch, keto bread, so it's keto friendly lunch. I actually look forward to it. Lol.

Don't forget to include the cost of a Sam's Club membership.
How many packag s of noodles are in a box of ramen noodles? Twelve? That's tw love meals for about $2.50 or so. Add anything you like to it to change things up.

Once you've had really good hot dogs you really don't have any interest in cheap hot dogs. These are awesome with natural casings red or white.
Screenshot_20230602-133758.png

My cheap go-to meal requiring almost no prep is a hot dog on a slice of white bread or a bun. Slice the dog down the center and splay it open on the grille. Toast the bread/bun lightly on the grille. Throw a slice of cheese on the dog and chomp away! I like loading up the dog with ketchup, mustard, mayo, and sweet relish. Cold sauerkraut and mustard is good, too!

My cheap go-to meal requiring almost no prep is a hot dog on a slice of white bread or a bun. Slice the dog down the center and splay it open on the grille. Toast the bread/bun lightly on the grille. Throw a slice of cheese on the dog and chomp away! I like loading up the dog with ketchup, mustard, mayo, and sweet relish. Cold sauerkraut and mustard is good, too!
Pretty darn hard to beat a good hotdog with all the right condiments. Mine has to have at least ketchup and onions, plus mustard and sweet relish if available. $ 1.38 at Sam's (membership was free first year) with about two quarts of soda or iced tea.

+1 on cheap weenies! They suck! I think I made a bad pun....
Ketchup on a dog? Blasphemy!

I have no idea who said ketchup and hotdogs don't go together. Ketchup and mustard on a hotdog is a must. Give me a fork and a knife and you can add chile, relish, cheese, sauerkraut and have a dinner.

Sam's Club hot dogs on bread with mustard and relish. I eat it every day for lunch, keto bread, so it's keto friendly lunch. I actually look forward to it. Lol.
i gotta get back on keto.. i'm soo addicted to sugar again right now :( **** is evil

Ketchup makes everything better.
Cheap meal, bowl of any kind of soup and a grill cheese sandwich.

Did you know you can live on a can of corn for 30 days? The first day you eat the corn. The second day you poop it out, rinse it, and eat it again. You can repeat for up to 30 days before it loses it's nutritional value.

Don't try to Google this, Google wasn't there!

For the morons that put ketchup on a Hot Dog!

A cheap meal for me is a fresh picked & sliced cucumber out of my garden between 2 slices of bread and a slather of mayo and some FGP. It don't get no cheaper than that!

For the morons that put ketchup on a Hot Dog!

A cheap meal for me is a fresh picked & sliced cucumber out of my garden between 2 slices of bread and a slather of mayo and some FGP. It don't get no cheaper than that!

That's your idea of a meal, while you call someone a moron for using ketchup on a hotdog. Chill out and take a pill. It's to early for me to **** with you. You eat your food and I'll eat mine, we can do without the name calling.

Was better when these were $2.50 each. Now they are up towards $4 or so. Still pretty cheap - and if I'm in the right mood, I can extend one of these for 2 different meals!

jacks-50e7e1d352916bc3cc08e67a892e7f3c3f614b46.png

Auto Transport Service
Back