• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check out this bee i found.

Its getting harder and harder to sell these rare cars. People do not want to spend the money .The people (Us older geeks) that like these cars are becoming fewer and fewer. The younger folk want the tech cars (new stuff). I have a V code 70 RR I couldn’t sell (NOM) …….so Im turning it into a Resto Mod w/ a modern Hemi – 6.4 w/ 6 speed all new 2015 Challenger dash & console.

This guy fall into I plan to fix it in retirement with my kids and his kids don’t have any desire for old cars. Like so many it’s all about tech. So he decided to sell. He’s already got rid of 2 68 chargers and a 69 charger. He drives a 70 440 Challenger and has a 68 hemi satellite in the garage. But he loves them and isn’t giving them away. He never planned to sell

He must have had quite the (Car) honey hole. At least he's letting them go so someone else can enjoy them.

Its getting harder and harder to sell these rare cars. People do not want to spend the money .The people (Us older geeks) that like these cars are becoming fewer and fewer. The younger folk want the tech cars (new stuff). I have a V code 70 RR I couldn’t sell (NOM) …….so Im turning it into a Resto Mod w/ a modern Hemi – 6.4 w/ 6 speed all new 2015 Challenger dash & console.
I’m much younger (43) than probably most regulars on here and I used to think that way too. But, I have found that theory not to be true. Younger generations love these cars too. I have young kids yell at me all the time driving down the road, parking etc. “Hey dad, look at that bad *** car ! “ lol ! I have had guys in their 20’s and 30’s drooling on my car, lol ! Younger women that couldn’t turn their heads away ( It wasn’t me, lol )
It has just gotten to the point that a lot of these restored cars for example are too expensive for younger people to like as far as buying one. But, they love them nearly the same. Surprisingly, a lot of younger people have yet to see or become familiar with these cars. They don’t have the slightest clue what it is until you talk to them. Yes, even with today’s internet access. They have never seen one.
I’m a big vintage motorcycle owner, collector and seller. It’s the same. When I was very young, you couldn’t give me a classic bike or car. Then I became familiar with them and realized just how freaking cool they are. They’re not around anymore, so to speak. That made them that much more desirable to me. Younger generations love this stuff too. The issue is, many of them haven’t gotten familiar with them to this point.
I just sold a mint condition 1982 Suzuki GS 1100G to a young man that was 24.
A rare collectible bike today, outdated etc. But, beautiful condition. Blew me away, in what I learned in how much he too loved the old bikes. But, he owned a similar model before. Therefore he was familiar.
At my age, I never saw a 68-69 B body a day in my life. Up until I saw my first a year before I bought mine. I knew I had to have one.

Last edited:
I have several back burner projects that I may or may not get to before I die.

What I have found to be true in the past is-

if I sell these now, I will probably not get what I feel they are worth.

and

if I try to buy nearly identical cars in the future, in the same condition, they will be far more expensive than if I had simply hung on to the ones I had.

However, I have also realized that storage is a big issue and this time around I solved the storage problem before I started collecting cars again.

last time around I lost a really nice 360 powered 73 Duster, a 351c shaker hood 71 torino, a 73 rallye 318 Challenger, and a 70 Super Bee because I couldn't afford to store them.

What part of the country is that?

And is that a Fury with a hood scoop behind it?

That is a damn fine year and model, one of my favorites.

I’m much younger (43) than probably most regulars on here and I used to think that way too. But, I have found that theory not to be true. Younger generations love these cars too. I have young kids yell at me all the time driving down the road, parking etc. “Hey dad, look at that bad *** car ! “ lol ! I have had guys in their 20’s and 30’s drooling on my car, lol ! Younger women that couldn’t turn their heads away ( It wasn’t me, lol )
It has just gotten to the point that a lot of these restored cars for example are too expensive for younger people to like as far as buying one. But, they love them nearly the same. Surprisingly, a lot of younger people have yet to see or become familiar with these cars. They don’t have the slightest clue what it is until you talk to them. Yes, even with today’s internet access. They have never seen one.
I’m a big vintage motorcycle owner, collector and seller. It’s the same. When I was very young, you couldn’t give me a classic bike or car. Then I became familiar with them and realized just how freaking cool they are. They’re not around anymore, so to speak. That made them that much more desirable to me. Younger generations love this stuff too. The issue is, many of them haven’t gotten familiar with them to this point.
I just sold a mint condition 1982 Suzuki GS 1100G to a young man that was 24.
A rare collectible bike today, outdated etc. But, beautiful condition. Blew me away, in what I learned in how much he too loved the old bikes. But, he owned a similar model before. Therefore he was familiar.
At my age, I never saw a 68-69 B body a day in my life. Up until I saw my first a year before I bought mine. I knew I had to have one.
I agree with most of what you’ve said. Another big problem with the younger gen owning these cars is you can’t get a loan to buy one. Where as with the new stuff you can. They like them to a point but the lack of technology in them and cash only payment system are issues that stand in their way. They pay big $$ for cars but they’re either leased or have loans on them.

Yes. The cash is the problem. I’d have a like new 70 Challenger if I could finance it. I’m 39 by the way but I’ve been around and had old mopars my entire life

I agree with most of what you’ve said. Another big problem with the younger gen owning these cars is you can’t get a loan to buy one. Where as with the new stuff you can. They like them to a point but the lack of technology in them and cash only payment system are issues that stand in their way. They pay big $$ for cars but they’re either leased or have loans on them.
You’re exactly right. You have to have big cash saved to buy one of these cars restored and their aren’t many of these cars to be had that aren’t restored. Most younger people that don’t come from the original era don’t have that kind of money saved. And they sure aren’t wanting a fixer upper. When less younger generations today are taught to work on cars. Let alone know how to do body work, engine rebuild, etc. Those points, don’t make it possible. A younger person today, has a lot bigger choice on cars that are several years old. At an extremely more affordable price. Or like you said, they can finance the newer technological car. They love the old Mopars. . But, their bank accounts says nope. So, they’re forced to like something else better. Plus, we have to remember. These cars today are collectibles. Not driven every day, expensive and rare.

Last edited:
Also all of these people see what crosses the auction block on TV & think they got a $50k+ car even though it's rotting out in the yard.

Another big problem with the younger gen owning these cars is you can’t get a loan to buy one.
May be a credit issue, debt to income ratio, or insufficient income. If none of that, then another lender should be sought. Both of our classic muscle cars were financed 100% plus money for the paperwork and taxes! 7 years at 2.99%
BOOYAH!!

May be a credit issue, debt to income ratio, or insufficient income. If none of that, then another lender should be sought. Both of our classic muscle cars were financed 100% plus money for the paperwork and taxes! 7 years at 2.99%
BOOYAH!!
Thanks - I didn’t know banks would finance old iron for today’s prices. Good to know.

490f742d-1c47-4f6e-a2c4-d81f29a2af92-jpeg.jpg
This is what you actually see....
1969+Super+Bee-Front.jpg
This is what the owner sees when your talking prices...

Auto Transport Service
Back