• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheetah Shifter Install Followup

Frankb

Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
Finally got factory stuff removed. Got the Cheetah where I want it on the car. How far forward should I put the hole in the trans tunnel?
Frank

I used the housing cover as a template. Put it on and took a piece of chalk and traced around it on the carpet so I was sure that it was within the console housing.

For the cable
Yes, for Mopars the cable comes out the front towards the engine. When I traced around the housing I drill as far forward as I could to keep the bend as minimal as possible but still be under the cover.
My car is at the shop and I did that about 3-4 weeks ago, if I were to guess I would say it was about 2" from the front of the shifter itself.

Fyi. Not sure of cable but both my cars have b&m with supplied cable and go out passenger side, under the back of pan to the linkage.

Auto Transport Service
Back