• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chemical stripping and media blasting on IL side of STL

tallhair

Rufus "Mod-hair" Firefly
Staff member
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know of good media blasting services and chemical stripping companies the Belleville, IL area? Would appreciate any sources in ~50-75 ish mile radius east of the river but would prefer to stay on IL side of Mississippi for logistics reasons :). However if someone has had good luck with and can recommend a company on west side of the river i WOULD NOT turn my nose up :)

I've just been searching and getting no luck with crap adverts that come up.

what is best term to google to get what i'm looking for? getting 70 b-body body rust free?

I googled and called around and kept running into dead ends. Finally I called a supply house that sold media blasting supplies and asked them for a list of their customers in my area. I called and interviewed a few of them and asked around various paint supply shops and body shops. I was very pleased with my choice although he was slower than I originally thought. There is a member on here that has given a lot of useful information regarding media blasting and what to look for and what to avoid. Try searching here under "media blast". Unfortunately for you and I he is in Texas if I recall.

UPDATE:

Here ya go:
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?4232-Media-Blasting&highlight=media+blasting

Sorry I don't have an exact answer for you - but this is good info to know when looking for a reputable blaster.

"Finally I called a supply house that sold media blasting supplies and asked them for a list of their customers in my area."

which also made me remember asking the local NAPA guys!

Thanks flys low .. great suggestion

Tallhair There was a guy in Waterloo who did chemical stripping! Co.name was DLP His name is Dale I can't remember the actual street name! but it was located by the grain elevator in an old gas station.It's not a big fancy shop!but he's reasonable!

Tallhair There was a guy in Waterloo who did chemical stripping! Co.name was DLP His name is Dale I can't remember the actual street name! but it was located by the grain elevator in an old gas station.It's not a big fancy shop!but he's reasonable!

appreciate it Steve

Good luck with your search, and, thanks for the nice words, I try to always give a fair deal and awesome results in each transaction.

Auto Transport Service
Back