• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago auto show

1967coronet440

Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
Me and the better half went today, been about 5 years or so since I went and now I remember why I stopped going. It’s not about the consumer anymore, all the display vehicles are filled with either little kids treating it as a jungle gym or teens who could never afford these vehicles taking Snapchat videos. Im still in the market for a new truck and couldn’t even sit in a new ram, kids putting their nasty shoes all over the seats spilling drinks on them parents just standing there watching it unfold. I was annoyed within the first 5 steps of walking into McCormick place, side stepping and trying to avoid running into people, ignorant fucks who just walk right at you and don’t even try to move over. It got to the point where I grabbed Lauren’s hand and started walking through people, I had enough. Anyway I managed to snap a couple pics of the best displays there. 1000 torque Cummins display, hellcat engine display and a new redline cat.

1B7E944C-B9E7-4138-8989-6F156A724210.jpeg 34BA92D3-FC7F-49A0-BBD6-14ACAE0AA206.jpeg 77380EE4-6050-497D-B6F6-EE580430E9C7.jpeg 830A1E41-FF5F-4537-88E9-FA01A31C15FD.jpeg 9B5BA061-80EF-4E81-9D5E-D16021A3ADED.jpeg

1000 ft-lbs of torque in a pickup. We live in amazing times.

I don't do Car Shows these days either...been there, done that...got a garage full of scrap metal resembling trophies. :D

I used to enjoy the annual new car shows too but you're right, they're zoos anymore.

I remember the first time I saw a Suzuki Samurai (remember those?) at one.
I went to open the door and noticed the inner and outer door skins actually collapsed together
under my grip. Sheesh.
A friend and I waited for the salesman to turn his back and proceeded to relocate the thing for him
several feet by picking it up. :)

Probably the most memorable one of those events, though, was my meeting Mr. Carroll Shelby himself.
That was pretty damn awesome. At that particular show (in DC), it was like few people even knew who
he was - and he wasn't acting like any big shot, either. Very laid back, chatting with folks.
Speaking with him convinced me to try one of his little "critters" as he called them, the FWD turbo Dodges.
I bought one of his GLH Turbos shortly thereafter. Really fun car, but couldn't handle the abuse at all.

Auto Transport Service
Back