• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Choke Sticks on Carb (Pictures)

FlagCraig

Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
Okay the carb is believed to be the original Carter with one re-build.

When I start the car (67 GTX 440) after sitting I have always set choke. Press the pedal to the floor once (maybe 2 or 3 times) then start it up.

Recently after pressing pedal to the floor it sticks. Then I go out to the carb and release it.

I have attached two pictures. One is with normal position (no choke). The second pic is with it stuck. To the left of the accelerator cable (as facing it) is the bar with elbow that I release when stuck.

Any help on why it is sticking? Thanks.

Attachments

• NoChoke.jpg
    NoChoke.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Choke.jpg
    Choke.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 185
Try to clean all debris with carb cleaner then try some penetrating oil on it. Careful not to make a mess the carb cleaner will eat pant off intake and valve covers

- - - Updated - - -

I just recently fired up a survivor 70 charger with this same scenario using this method and working the assembly back and forth

You might try un-hooking the link bar at the choke rod arm, and see if the choke rod/plate moves freely. What kind of choke?

Sometimes real simple things can hang 'em up.

Did the carb cleaner last night and worked good. Let it set overnight and dry and worked fine this morning.

No sticking. Will crank her up tonight and see how she goes.

Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back