• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chop Cut Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

69 Runner

ADMIN wif a corner office (Deceased - RIP)
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching an episode where they are working on Keisler's Hemi Charger and I'm thinking these people are idiots and should be shot.

They pull the original steering column out. Then I see them trying to PRY the horn pad off so they can figure out how to remove the steering wheel. They finally remove the nut, then invert the entire thing STANDING on the wheel while pulling up on the column.

Eventually they break out a wheel puller, but use an IMPACT on it.

Oh yeah. Their replacement column is for a 70 and not for a 69.

And it's these dumbshits that are making money building cars instead of me.

rant off

My Dad,(R.I.P.this year) told me "Son if you can read,you can fix anything."

Yeah.....and I guess it's a case of "personal choices" and all, but they're taking this certified ONE of ONE car and slapping in an aftermarket K frame, Tremec trans, suspension pieces, and Wilwood brakes on all 4 corners.

Car has probably been done for some time, but that sucks none the less

Guess what really pisses me off is these people who can afford to do their own cars manage to get them done for nothin....or next to it.

Yeah....I'm still waitin for that phone call where one of these shows is gonna do my Hemi car for me.........

merry freakin christmas

Yeah.....and I guess it's a case of "personal choices" and all, but they're taking this certified ONE of ONE car and slapping in an aftermarket K frame, Tremec trans, suspension pieces, and Wilwood brakes on all 4 corners.

Car has probably been done for some time, but that sucks none the less

Guess what really pisses me off is these people who can afford to do their own cars manage to get them done for nothin....or next to it.

Yeah....I'm still waitin for that phone call where one of these shows is gonna do my Hemi car for me.........

merry freakin christmas

But would you want them to?

Shefi has stated that he tried as many Mopar only shops that he could and they all were back logged. The TV people were pushing hard for filming. I give kudo's to the shops that wouldn't bump their customers to do a TV show. I have had the opportunity to work on a few shows and doing the car right is the last thing the Producers care about. You know those 7day builds ? Try several weeks of filming and the owners got the cars about a month later if they wanted a car that was driveable. Most were farmed out to other shops to finish. Remember guys it's TELEVISON.......FAR from anything real.

You missed telling about the part where they removed the old column to put in the new one....so they could steer the car into the paint shop.

They had not even painted the car yet !!!!

chop cut destroy

that show drives me crazy!!! they are idiots for sure.Why screw up a one of one? they could of done that to a run of the mill charger!Oh well can't fix stupid!

This is THE XP Hemi Charger isn't it? The copper and tan one, correct? What pissed me off is the idiot sped around AMD and had the panels for the car fall on the floor. That means that the panels cpuld be tweaked, to say the least

one of one xp hemi charger the brochure car if you will, what a waste of a ultra rare car it shouldve been restored back to as used by the factory condition when it was used for advertising not a restomod as they are doing, there going the restomod route because its easier and they can get it on the air in there time formats rather than doing a original correct restoration that could easily take a couple of years its a lot easier to build a restomod or hot rod whatever you want to call it because there is no right or wrong way to do it its what ever you want and there still is a lot of work doing it that way as well but doing a concourse quality as built by the factory restoration takes a lot of research and documentation and a special person to do it i would have rather seen it given the proper restoration that it deserved not hacked up into what there building just my 2 cents worth though.

I'd consider letting a show do the car. At least it would be together and I could drive it before I'm to old to

lol.....

At least Foose would paint it the proper color if the "insider" said it was what I wanted.

(I'd sell the wheels after getting the car):icon_cheers:

There are some cars that must be saved and restored to original.My 20 something son's and thier friends think any of our cars are cool or sweet, but when I introduce them to a car with history or significance it grabs thier attention and they want to see and learn more.I believe it is one way we will pass on and preserve this crazy addiction we have.

I've done "Rides","CCR", and "Overhaulin". Trust me, you don't want a TV car. There is a lot that goes on when the cameras aren't on. Usually the end result is a car that isn't totally complete or corners were cut. You're gonna spend time getting things dialed in or redoing them to your satisfaction. The added plus is you gotta pay taxes on all of that "cool" stuff they put on your car. (Do you really want to pay 50 large for a car you already own?)

This is THE XP Hemi Charger isn't it? The copper and tan one, correct? What pissed me off is the idiot sped around AMD and had the panels for the car fall on the floor. That means that the panels cpuld be tweaked, to say the least

How gently do you think those panels are cared for all the way from China? Or... maybe we didn't use those panels?

I've done "Rides","CCR", and "Overhaulin". Trust me, you don't want a TV car. There is a lot that goes on when the cameras aren't on. Usually the end result is a car that isn't totally complete or corners were cut. You're gonna spend time getting things dialed in or redoing them to your satisfaction. The added plus is you gotta pay taxes on all of that "cool" stuff they put on your car. (Do you really want to pay 50 large for a car you already own?)

So tell us Rev, how does a car built on Chop Cut compare to one built on Overhaulin? Does that 69 Camaro from last year, or the Wagon from Season II, meet those same poor standards? Seems to me, if you can take a car a the dragstrip in the final episode, its gotta be pretty much done. We've both seen cars built slowly on budgets NOT on TV, in far worse condition. Owners cut corners all the time for any number of reasons. This TV production has nothing to do with the quality of the work. The builders have 8 or 9 months to do it right. The quality of the job has far more to do with the resources the builder allots to the project, than how the camera's effect the outcome... Just my 2 cents.

Guys, let me say first off that I absolutely enjoy seeing so many of you contribute your thoughts and opinions to our project. For those who think we have committed a great sin by resto-modding this car, let me assure you, NOTHING we've installed can't be undone. The next owner of the vehicle can return it to museum quality, if they choose. Nothing done to the car is irreversible. Remember this too, one year ago the XP was rotting away in a Tennessee field getting worse by the day - not better. If it hadn't been for the keen eye of Shafi Keisler, the support of sponsors and our production, it would most likely have been forgotten and never seen again. Whether you believe this car should be concourse or resto-mod, at the least there is now a car to enjoy.

Thanks for watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back