• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

chrome trim retainers, clips

cheeseburgerhead69

Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score
What retainers, clip are people using for fastening chrome trim to fenders and 1/4's for 62 Plymouth Belvedere ???

5F65A532-5359-4406-8815-3C47324AD79B.png

Last time I checked with Joe he didn't have them.

I sold a 62 Belvedere to a guy in Northern Mn late last year and he's already redone it and putting it back together. He ended up making his clips as he could not find them anywhere. Sizing up another of my never ending 62 projects, it looked like those flat universal trim clips that are in the shape of a rectangle, about 3" long, with serrations along the body to break them off to size, can be bent and made to work. I have tried one and it appears to hold promise. More work to do yet. Hope this makes sense.

The rear quarter trim is the same as Savoy and I'd found spring clips on eBay that worked fine for those parts. They even have the sealer stuff on them to seal up the clip hole better. The rear trunk lid trim I just used universal clips from the Ballkamp book like you find at NAPA.

The front fenders and doors on the Belverere are certainly more challenging than the Savoy trim!

Last edited:
Yes the NAPA ones work fine..
just attached my fender and 1/4 trim using them.
On a 62 Belvedere 2 door Sedan.
I picked up the nuts at Tractor Supply

20200626_204052.jpg 20200626_204104_HDR.jpg 20200626_204119.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back