• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chroming vent windows

Ceedawg

Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
Where on the east coast can I send out my 66 vent frames to get rechromed?

Not many chrome shops left. Had my taillight bezels done and it took a while. Here in Fl. They were not busy when first searching for a shop. Then Covid hit and everyone had time off from work and flooded the shop with bumpers and parts from their boats. Also had my shifter done and it took quite a few months to get these parts done. Good luck on the search buddy.

TriCity Plating is still open and has a wonderful reputation, though I've never used them. Not exactly east coast but closer than San Diego. <grin>

TriCity Plating is still open and has a wonderful reputation, though I've never used them. Not exactly east coast but closer than San Diego. <grin>
As far as I know, they just do bumpers and associated parts. If anyone knows different, please post.

As far as I know, they just do bumpers and associated parts. If anyone knows different, please post.
They did my bumpers, very nice. But after asking he said that’s all they do now.

Last edited:
I had Paul's in western Pa do my 65 coronet vent windows Not cheap but very nice work.

Last week I just started looking for a place to chrome plate my vent window frames. I sent a request to Paul’s a few days ago but still have not heard back yet on pricing. They are only about 30 minutes from me and I heard they do very good work also.

Just received the quote from Paul’s.

“We do a fair number of those every year, generally run about 375.00 each on the posts, the glass channels about 125.00 each, the vent lock handles about 75.00 each, turn time now is about 4 months.”

$575 a side…..I was not expecting it to be over $1000 to have a pair of vent window frames chromed. Now I understand why people are buying the reproductions.

R&D finishing is just down the road from tri cities plating they do excellent work but be prepared to dump out your wallet:lol:

Try LiBrandis next to the airport in Harrisburg.

Has anyone ever tried Bills Chrome in Jeanette PA?

Bills Chrome
819 Clay Ave Jeannette, PA 15644‎
(724) 527-5119

Sending my 70 coronet rear bumper, all vent window stuff, and taillight bezels to Reds Parts Attic and Chrome Plating in TX. Quote is $2,500 for triple plating. He emailed me shipping labels and parts are being picked up at my house. Nice guy.

Have one guy offer to sell me one for $300 but I need both so I’ll call these two places in PA Monday, thanks for reply’s

Look in good ol hemmings motor news still a good amount of places in there :)

Auto Transport Service
Back