• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler Cordoba in Wales (UK)

teletecher

Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum....

I would like to introduce myself and my '78 Chrysler Cordoba both of which are based in the UK.

I have always wanted a large american car and last year I was in a position to buy one. I will always remember the day I collected my car since I had achieved something that I had always wanted to do and with the added bonus of doing it at the age of 24!
I will also remember driving the car for the fist time when I was collecting it and how it powered down the small country lanes on its own accourd since the choke was still active. A little bit terrifying with the driving position being different and oncoming traffic.... the oncoming bus was especially terrifying.

My Cordoba is pretty original (although missing the drivers side interior medallion) it has the very interesting carter thermoquad feeding the very smooth LA360 connected to a A727 3-speed transmission.

I don't know much about the car in its previous life living in the states. I have the last resident s address in California and what I think is the documents to a tag sticker?? maybe someone could tell me ways of finding out which states it has been registered in?

Since I have had the car not a lot has gone wrong although it is very interesting finding the normal service parts here in the UK for a car that was built 40 years ago. A person who rents a garage up the road from me acctually gave me a transmission filter and gasket... told you it was interesting...
The windscreen bush for 2 speed wiper motors has been a challenge but that is another post in itself.

DSC_0885.JPG DSC_0887.JPG DSC_0889.JPG DSC_0897.JPG

Last edited:
welcome

welcome to FBBO

Welcome!

Welcome from California & what does this sign mean?
656BEFF0-1314-44EF-B8A3-8A72007FC1CF.png

:lol:

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to FBBO! Now you'll learn to drive a car the 'right' way...with the steering wheel on the left where it belongs :poke::D

If you want to find the vehicles history (registration, accidents, service work, etc) you can do a VIN check through Car Fax or a similar service https://www.dmv.org/vehicle-history.php

I don't think they do pre-1981 VINs.

Welcome to the site! Your going to have fun with that one!

G'day Mate, welcome aboard. I had '69 Barracuda fastback as a daily driver in South Wales when I was your age. I sold it before I emigrated to Australia, wish I'd kept it. Which part of Wales are you - my mate is a top mechanic and specializes in American cars. Left hand drive is fine, I found it easier after a while, just place the car near the gutter and you'll be fine. The other thing you should do is clean the underside and then waxoil it or something before the salt gets in. And start digging for oil, the petrol prices nearly bankrupted me...

Auto Transport Service
Back