• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler Friends and Family Discount

Sweet5ltr

Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Hey Fella's, just placed an order for a 15' B5 Blue Charger R/T Scat Pack to go along with my 69' Road Runner. Should arrive in around 8-12 weeks at my local dealer, with the only option being leather/suede seats. I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to assist me with obtaining a discount code under the friends and family program, which is available to friends and family of Chrysler group employees or retirees.

I will make a $100 donation to whom ever can help me out.

https://hrdocs.extra.chrysler.com/d...an_Resources/pdf/EA_QUICK_REFERENCE_GUIDE.pdf

Last edited:
We had a deal like this when I was at Ford, and I found it to be a bit of a ripoff. It gives you a meager discount off the invoice price, and I quickly found out that invoice prices are about as phony baloney as MSRP. The invoice price is what the dealer is supposed to pay, but the automaker always puts on additional discounts that aren't counted towards the invoice. This is why many dealers announce supposed sales where prices are "$500 below factory invoice!!!", but what they aren't telling you is the car came to them at $2,500 under invoice. :) The other issue with F&F is you usually lost a lot of rebates and other discounts if you took it.

Ford also had a discount program for vendors they buy from. I don't if Chrysler has that but I think with Ford it was a 3.5% discount.

Well, the Friends and Family discount from Chrysler does not exclude your other rebates if I have read all the literature correctly; so it would be an additional 1k+ off MSRP which I am paying. Right now I am qualified for $1,500 in rebates, may be more by the time I take delivery (end of model year clearance).

Well, the Friends and Family discount from Chrysler does not exclude your other rebates if I have read all the literature correctly; so it would be an additional 1k+ off MSRP which I am paying. Right now I am qualified for $1,500 in rebates, may be more by the time I take delivery (end of model year clearance).

You might want to verify that data. With the Ford program you got the F&F or business partner discount and corporate-level rebates. You received no zone or dealer rebates or discounts, and you had to pay the invoice price minus discount. We found in most cases we were better off working deals without F&F. You'll be in a tougher spot since you're ordering instead of buying off the floor.

ALWAYS negotiate each item separately.

Agree on a cash price, and then add or subtract each other discount and or markup including trade in and financing if applicable.

That is the ONLY way to get an accurate picture of what you are paying for.

What I learned at Ford is "cash price" means nothing anymore. Cash used to be king when it took two to three months for a dealership to receive their money from traditional financing sources. Now they usually have their money in 24-48 hours so there's zero incentive to negotiate down to get cash. The plus side for them is that there are still a LOT of customers who still think "how much if I pay in cash?" is still a good strategy and they trained us to play to that. A sales manager would knock a few hundred off the price and the buyer thinks they're getting a better deal when they're usually leaving money on the table.

The best ways to get a great deal are to:

1. Watch a dealership for a month or two and see what weekends they do their biggest promotions on. This tells you when their key metrics are about to come due. At the dealership I worked at, the 16th of each month was when sales metrics were calculated, and the 10th and 25th were when commissions were calculated, and those dates were when everyone was willing to wheel and deal. They would drop a price $2,000-$4,000 to close a deal on those days and wouldn't budge on the price the next day.

2. Look at the inventory numbers and always pick the lowest one. If you see two vehicles that are 100% identical, get the one with the lower inventory number because that means it's been on the lot longer, which means the dealership is either paying, or about to pay, interest on the vehicle and that is a loss for them. They're much less likely to comedown on a price of a car that's been on the lot less than 45 days.

3. Most major dealerships have multiple incentive deals. These are usually just lumped in as "dealer incentives" but it's important to know what they are. There are factory rebates (these come from Ford), zone rebates (in my case these came from the North Florida Ford Dealers Association), and lots and lots of spot discounts that the factory offers from time to time to move particular cars. If it's a slow month for Chargers, Dodge will add an incentive discount to get the cars off the lot. Dealers will usually only tell you about the factory rebate and not mention the others unless they are asked about them.

4. Lots of dealers love down payments. This isn't because they want them, but because financiers like to see them because they show commitment to paying. If I have $500 in cash, I can use it as a down payment and get $500 worth of value, or I can go buy a POS driver car off CL, spend $50 getting it detailed, and use it as a trade in and get $3,000 or so in value for it. :) Then I can take a good car that I was going to trade in, sell it for more money than its trade-in value, and apply that money to paying down the principal on the car note.

5. Dealerships with in-house financing operations usually offer discounts if you finance through them. You can buy the car through someone like Ford Motor Credit, get your discount, then turn around and pay the note off or if you get better terms from your bank, take out a loan and pay it off that way. This gives you a lower price and the best terms. Going back to cash is king thinking, you could get a $500 discount for paying for the car with cash, or you could get a $2,000 discount for financing through FOMOC and then turn around and pay off the car the next day with cash. :) One day could gain you $1,500. :)

Bruzilla is on the right track. :icon_fU: I worked for a VW dealership that was a major player in NE Wisconsin and we played the game the same way. :toothy10:

Use https://www.truecar.com/#/ to get the best price.

I've looked into that True Car and it's not a good source of data from what I can tell. First they rely on dealer-provided data, not customer-provided data, so much like KBB it's very suspect. Also, Truecar focuses on MSRP. MSRPs usually change four to five times over the course of a model year, so an MSRP for specific make, model, and options car can vary quite a bit over a year, so unless you're looking at static prices for a specific period of time, you're really comparing apples to oranges. Also, Truecar reports variances from MSRP, which is usually based on the factory rebates, which also vary a lot during the course of a model year.

If you want to rely on trucar, be my guest, but if you think you know what the best price is using it... there are a LOT of car salesmen who will LOVE to see you. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Bruzilla is on the right track. :icon_fU: I worked for a VW dealership that was a major player in NE Wisconsin and we played the game the same way. :toothy10:

At my dealership, there was no customer the experienced salesmen liked more than the folks who walked in the door waiving their KBB printouts and boasting how no one was going to rip them off!!! Those were the folks those guys would screw harder than anyone, and in the end they would thank them profusely for getting them such a great deal. It was just awesome to watch.

This is a special order only car fellas for 2015, none available at the dealers like a standard R/T or SRT. Each dealer is only allocated a maximum alotment of these vehicles to order, so they unfortunately have a bit of leverage in these rare occasions. Some are buying as far away as Ohio to get MSRP.

Auto Transport Service
Back