• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrysler Mystery [?] Intake

Bigtime

Local time
7:37 PM
Reaction score
I posted a question about this yesterday but thought I'd add photos.
This aluminum intake has a Chrysler part # 2836148.
Does anyone know anything about it?
Thanks
intake.jpg
intake2.jpg
intake3.jpg

looks like a edelbrock ch4b intake . that is i think made there aluminum intakes

that intake was one of the best overall street strip intakes. use a mopar valley pan with the heat crossover plugged /closed and you will be happy. i don't think many were made use a 1 in wood spacer to hold off vaper lock also and makes the engine think the carb is bigger.

weight-saver......not much more.

DP4B. Perfect for a warmed over 383.
Thanks.....I am going to try the CH4B [same as the DP4B from what I can tell]. The car presently has a mild cam, headers, a Tarantula TM6 w/ a 600 Edelbrock and 3.23 or 3. 55 rear. [just bought the car in June '18]
The plan is to use the CH4B, w/a 1" phenolic spacer, 750 Edelbrock, and change the rear gear to a 4.11. I am trying to squeeze all of the low end torque out of the 383 that I can. BTW, it's a 727 trans car.

that intake was one of the best overall street strip intakes. use a mopar valley pan with the heat crossover plugged /closed and you will be happy. i don't think many were made use a 1 in wood spacer to hold off vaper lock also and makes the engine think the carb is bigger.
I plan on using the intake w/a 1" phenolic spacer and a 750 Edelbrock. Give that a try

Thanks.....I am going to try the CH4B [same as the DP4B from what I can tell]. The car presently has a mild cam, headers, a Tarantula TM6 w/ a 600 Edelbrock and 3.23 or 3. 55 rear. [just bought the car in June '18]
The plan is to use the CH4B, w/a 1" phenolic spacer, 750 Edelbrock, and change the rear gear to a 4.11. I am trying to squeeze all of the low end torque out of the 383 that I can. BTW, it's a 727 trans car.

I'm confused. Do you have a 383 or a 440? A CH4B only fits a 440. So you either have a DP4B for a 383, or a CH4B for a 440.

I'm confused. Do you have a 383 or a 440? A CH4B only fits a 440. So you either have a DP4B for a 383, or a CH4B for a 440.
I have a 383 and you have kept me from making a BIG mistake. The intake that I was purchasing was a CH4B and you are the second member that has told me that it was for a 440 and NOT a 383. Seems that the DP4B is THE correct intake for my 383. I would appreciate confirmation from others regarding this please. Thanks so much!

I have a 383 and you have kept me from making a BIG mistake. The intake that I was purchasing was a CH4B and you are the second member that has told me that it was for a 440 and NOT a 383. Seems that the DP4B is THE correct intake for my 383. I would appreciate confirmation from others regarding this please. Thanks so much!

You got it right.

Is that last number an 8 or a 9?
upload_2019-1-7_10-7-46.png

upload_2019-1-7_20-6-23.png

Last edited:

I believe, from the looks of what you have pictured, it is a DP4B. It looks like the casting numbers have been ground off. I don't see any markings either way. Maybe the seller has it wrong.

So on the subject of mystery intakes, anyone ever seen this one? While I think the carb is newer, I think the intake is quite old. It says Mopar on the front, and on the back it says BB then P 4682174 (or at least I think it's a 4 on the end). Google searches come up empty. I don't know what all the stains are on it by where the carb bolts on

Bonus question: that model carb is not supposed to have a vacuum line for a brake booster, so if that is the case, what is the Allen head screw plugging on the carb (the rear view shot with the numbers shows it at the top of the pic)

20190107_085949.jpg 20190107_210343.jpg 20190107_210338.jpg 20190107_210335.jpg

I believe, from the looks of what you have pictured, it is a DP4B. It looks like the casting numbers have been ground off. I don't see any markings either way. Maybe the seller has it wrong.
I'm not taking the chance....no deal.

No deal. I will just wait and buy a Performer RPM.....may work better anyhow.....any thoughts?
The regular Performer and DP4B are virtually the same. The RPM is different. Depending on the specifics of the motor and car, one might be better than the other.

Auto Transport Service
Back