• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic auto air install 67 Gtx

Jc cooper

Second gear fun!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
2CBC536D-1A8F-4FCA-84DD-BBB920A39240.jpeg
I recently installed a Classic auto air , Perfect fit , in my 67 Gtx , it being the finishing touch on a five year build , would like to say it wasn’t much of a job at all , and it actually fit rather nicely ! My only helper was my wife who placed attaching bolt through the firewall ! I had been studying the instructions online for a couple weeks, prior to having receiving the unit by freight! So I had a plan for install and it went pretty smoothly, except for all the sharp underdash edges , which removed some old skin along the way ! I purposely bought the unit over Vintage for ease of service if needed, and the separation of heat and cooling coils ( don’t quote me on that though) and the service tech ( Dewight ) was excellent on phone couple times !

My car was factory air, '67 Coronet. But I went serpentine setup and use a compressor from a '94 Durango. Everything inside original, the rest under the hood is from Classic Auto Air. Cruises on interstate at 32° vent temps and idles in 115° for 15 minutes at 38°. Will freeze you out. They had great customer service helping me get both systems working together.

Was your car a factory a/c car originally ? The reason I am asking is I live in Florida and have a 69 Coronet 440 non a/c car and am thinking about getting this system and wondered about how the vents worked / looked. If your car is factory a/c then disregard my question.

Was your car a factory a/c car originally ? The reason I am asking is I live in Florida and have a 69 Coronet 440 non a/c car and am thinking about getting this system and wondered about how the vents worked / looked. If your car is factory a/c then disregard my question.
No Sir , non a/c originally, the vents are probably typical aftermarket type which gives a double vent in the center and one each side , but will say their appearance is pretty nice, with appropriate appearing plastic chrome , and black surrounds !

No Sir , non a/c originally, the vents are probably typical aftermarket type which gives a double vent in the center and one each side , but will say their appearance is pretty nice, with appropriate appearing plastic chrome , and black surrounds !
Will pop you a pic , when back in shop !

Classic Air on mine also, original non A/C car. Install was really easy following step by step instructions, fit and finish is amazing, hard lines going through radiator core support fit perfect as did everything else. One issue, has anyone been able to install a clutch fan with this system? Stock clutch wasn't even close to fitting (hitting radiator), picked up clutch designed for a jag which clears the radiator but now it's just hitting the A/C compressor. I'm not giving in yet, but re adjusting compressor back throws out belt alignment????? It is an aftermarket radiator but it's the same dimension as stock, took a few random pics, maybe you see something I don't, thanks in advance
16211683403581218744826.jpg
16211683935651324471563.jpg
16211684430051615020387.jpg
1621168540211991168949.jpg

Sir , my 67 Gtx non factory a/c , I used a 3” fan clutch , Hayden ( Summit ) and oem 18.5” fan , my kit came with a few spacers for clutch to fan , used one problemly 1/8” and not contact at ac clutch and 3/4” from radiator!

That's a very nice installation @Jc cooper :thumbsup:

I went with Vintage Air only because there is no 'kit' available for the Dodge A100.....so I had to go with the most suitable looking unit that would fit in the vehicle. Looks like you have the same Sanden compressor....they are quality units. :)

Yes sir , mine seems to be spot on so far , hope your works out as well !

Sir , my 67 Gtx non factory a/c , I used a 3” fan clutch , Hayden ( Summit ) and oem 18.5” fan , my kit came with a few spacers for clutch to fan , used one problemly 1/8” and not contact at ac clutch and 3/4” from radiator!
Thanks for the help Jc, im a heading to summit site now, I really want to get a clutch fan on this car

Auto Transport Service
Back