• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Cars of Sarasota

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
I was looking at what appears to be a very nicely restored 67 GTX Convertible on their website and also on eBay. Do any members have any comments or previous dealings with Classic Cars of Sarasota?

https://www.classiccarsofsarasota.com/vehicles/1020/1967-plymouth-gtx
If this is the car it looks very clean - lots of photos including the underside which is always a good sign.
As for the price, it seems a bit high for a column shift auto, but it is through a dealer so they need their margin.
You could possibly get a hardtop hemi for that price, but the car looks good to my eyes.
Sorry I have no info. on the dealer other than the advice that they are all in the business to sell cars and most will tart up cars and tell you anything to get a sale, but you know that anyway. Pay them a visit if you can - you get a much better feel for a place in person. Any alarm bells, walk away.

https://www.classiccarsofsarasota.com/vehicles/1020/1967-plymouth-gtx
If this is the car it looks very clean - lots of photos including the underside which is always a good sign.
As for the price, it seems a bit high for a column shift auto, but it is through a dealer so they need their margin.
You could possibly get a hardtop hemi for that price, but the car looks good to my eyes.
Sorry I have no info. on the dealer other than the advice that they are all in the business to sell cars and most will tart up cars and tell you anything to get a sale, but you know that anyway. Pay them a visit if you can - you get a much better feel for a place in person. Any alarm bells, walk away.
I low balled them this morning at 62500.00, I think my ceiling would be 65k. I would definitely fly down to see the car in person, but she sure looks purdy.

For posterity.

VIN: RS27L77176704

Here is the tag from his ebay ad for the above VIN.
$_57.jpeg

I like what I see. I didn't know those had gone up to an asking price of $72.5k, but it is a convertible :). Go there and take it for a test drive.

Last edited:
A buddy went to check out a car there, says it was immaculate, but $$$$$$$ !

I think all the dealerships are well over priced. What does Hagerdy say its worth ?
    1967 Plymouth GTX Hardtop Coupe 8-cyl. 440cid/375hp 4bbl Hi-Perf
    MecumAuctionsGlendale2020_T237_Plymouth_1967_GTX%20Base_Hardtop%20Coupe_RS23L77123267_Exterior.jpg
    • Sale Price: $30,800* *includes buyer's premium
    • Sale Date: 3/12/2020
    • Auction: Mecum Auctions
    More Details

1967 Plymouth GTX Hardtop Coupe 8-cyl. 426cid/425hp 2x4bbl Hemi
ecumAuctionsKissimmee2020_T184.1_Plymouth_1967_GTX%20Base_Hardtop%20Coupe_RS23J77115651_Exterior.jpg

• Sale Price: $72,600* *includes buyer's premium
  • Sale Date: 1/9/2020
  • Auction:

One way flight from Newark to Sarasota via one stop in Atlanta (or Charlotte) will run you about $150. Show up on his doorstep with a $62k bank check, or wire it to them after they agree to your offer.

The drive home is around 16.5 hours. Might want to hire an enclosed trailer and ship it home. Personally, I would get the car away from them fast if you get it for $62k.

Be prepared to walk away though; and spend another $150 to fly back home.

I think all the dealerships are well over priced. What does Hagerdy say its worth ?
    1967 Plymouth GTX Hardtop Coupe 8-cyl. 440cid/375hp 4bbl Hi-Perf
    View attachment 1168023
    • Sale Price: $30,800* *includes buyer's premium
    • Sale Date: 3/12/2020
    • Auction: Mecum Auctions
    More Details
I always use hagerty's valuation tools. That car in excellent (#2 ) is 79k concurs (#1) is 110k. Granted not too many people will offer up those numbers.

One way flight from Newark to Sarasota via one stop in Atlanta (or Charlotte) will run you about $150. Show up on his doorstep with a $62k bank check, or wire it to them after they agree to your offer.

The drive home is around 16.5 hours. Might want to hire an enclosed trailer and ship it home. Personally, I would get the car away from them fast if you get it for $62k.

Be prepared to walk away though; and spend another $150 to fly back home.
It is a consignment car to them, owner rejected my offer which I expected. I suggested I'd go as high as 65k, the agent has all my contact info, he feels it will take closer to 70K. I'll be patient and see what happens.

Top goes down price goes up. A killer color combination and factory air wrapped up in a 67 GTX are some excellent selling features,, all of which are top shelf for me personally.

That said, I agree 72K is top dollar for that car and had better need NOTHING once home .
Me personally it would require an in person look see before I could drop anything close to that .

For me it better have perfect restored or NOS trim all over it. And I see a couple issues, ( albeit cheap simple fixes ) battery , shock hardware is cheap aftermkt AC has been converted to R134a , so does it work . Appears to be all OEM sheetmetal which is a BIG plus
But overall car appears very well done.

BUT,,,,IF,,,,,,, I were in the market we could be competing for the same car .

Im not btw .

And I know of a couple Hemi hardtops in similar price range ,,,,,,,,just the top doesnt go down if thats your primary goal

I know of a 2 hemi drop tops sold in the past year and both were in the 125k range ( 66 Satellite and 66 Coronet 500 )

PS a very good friend of mine sold his 67 Coronet RT vert this spring for $50k.
Black with white top and interior. ALL oem sheet metal car ,,,,,, Also a factory air car .

I realize the 2 models will not pull similar money . But my gut tells me he may pull the 70 . .....IF the bubble doesnt burst before then.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back