• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Gear Jammers invade Farmington dragway

cbodybob

Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
The Classic Gear Jammers Bring their gear banging mayhem to the “Farm” for their final event of the season. I was there and got the entire first round of qualifying. Long video nearly 20 minutes. There’s two MOPARS. A 71 Cuda 340 smallblock & a 426 Hemi Dart. Many of the cars I also did separate videos on that I’ll post on my YouTube channel in the coming weeks. I’m a busy boy & will be off to another event today & hopefully my on race car Thursday night. So enjoy the gear crunching action fellas. I sure did. Classic Gear Jammers Four speed mayhem !

Thanks for the great video. North Carolina is certainly loaded with GM products. There's a couple of Mopars that run at Piedmont on a regular basis.

cool shots, racers rowing the gears
thanks for sharing

I like it's heads up racing,
even if it's just qualifying

not the a-typical bracket racing on the brakes, delay boxes & throttle stops
all aided gadgets stuff

that probably happens later

what are they running ET/MPH-wise ?
can't see or read it, moving the camera off it too fast
no harm no foul

Drag Racing is all about the #'s

I assume it's 1/8 mile

Last edited:
cool shots, racers rowing the gears
thanks for sharing

I like it's heads up racing,
even if it's just qualifying

not the a-typical bracket racing on the brakes, delay boxes & throttle stops
all aided gadgets stuff

that probably happens later

what are they running ET/MPH-wise ?
can't see or read it, moving the camera off it too fast
no harm no foul

Drag Racing is all about the #'s

I assume it's 1/8 mile
Yes 1/8 mile. I couldn’t see the boards. Always hard to see them at this track. They ranged from low 5’s to mid 7’s
Definitely bracket style eliminations but I think they are paired up in some fashion.

Yes 1/8 mile. I couldn’t see the boards. Always hard to see them at this track. They ranged from low 5’s to mid 7’s
Definitely bracket style eliminations but I think they are paired up in some fashion.
:thumbsup:

Thanks for the great video. North Carolina is certainly loaded with GM products. There's a couple of Mopars that run at Piedmont on a regular basis.
Hopefully we can get more to show up October 16 than they did at Piedmont did this year.
Being that they moved from May to mid October with cooler weather has to be much better for all involved.
Mopars at Farmington Oct 16 2021.jpeg

Thanks for the Video!!

Hopefully we can get more to show up October 16 than they did at Piedmont did this year.
Being that they moved from May to mid October with cooler weather has to be much better for all involved.View attachment 1173998
Thanks for the Video!!
Where in N.C. are you? Reidsville, in the county outside of the city limits here.

Being that they moved from May to mid October with cooler weather has to be much better for all involved.View attachment 1173998
Thanks for the Video!!
Unfortunately the big nostalgia show in Henderson is the same weekend & piedmont is having a popular event that same weekend as well. Has me tugged in three directions that weekend

Unfortunately the big nostalgia show in Henderson is the same weekend & piedmont is having a popular event that same weekend as well. Has me tugged in three directions that weekend
I hear you as its better to have choices than not and really thankful for that!

I hear you as its better to have choices than not and really thankful for that!
That’s very true. Haven’t made up my mind yet. The Henderson show has had a couple bad years now. The lady that was running it was into drag racing & invited all the old time racers & many came with their cars. That was a treat. She retired & the guy that runs it now isn’t into drag racing so he didn’t invite the nostalgia cars back. At least that’s what I’m told. The old race cars to was what made it such a great show.

That’s very true. Haven’t made up my mind yet. The Henderson show has had a couple bad years now. The lady that was running it was into drag racing & invited all the old time racers & many came with their cars. That was a treat. She retired & the guy that runs it now isn’t into drag racing so he didn’t invite the nostalgia cars back. At least that’s what I’m told. The old race cars to was what made it such a great show.
Is that the show at the Hwy 55 burger joint?

Auto Transport Service
Back