Classic Industries electric parts fail, strike two.

signalsparks

Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents,

I have reached out to CI twice now, on two different issues. I've heard nothing back.

Issue 1: When I got my car, the previous owner had just installed a turn signal switch from CI. Part #MD2085. It didn't work right at all, as it was wired incorrectly. The wire colors did not match up at all. I ordered #NG108 from Year One. Works perfectly.

Issue 2: Just recently, I ordered a replacement ignition switch, #MD2185. My current ignition switch worked fine, but it had been spliced into the harness with butt connectors, I was replacing the dash harness already, and wanted to use the molex connector. It also was wired incorrectly. The colors did not match, the wire gauge (size) did not match. It also cranked the starter with the key in the ON position. I ended up putting the old switch back in, cutting the Molex connector off the new switch, and splicing it on to the old leads with Sta-Kon heat shrink crimps covered with another layer of heat-shrink.

So... buyer beware. As far as I'm concerned, they must be selling look-alike parts, maybe that actually fit later-model vehicles but "they look the same, so they must be compatible?"

Aarons Air

Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents,

I have reached out to CI twice now, on two different issues. I've heard nothing back.

Issue 1: When I got my car, the previous owner had just installed a turn signal switch from CI. Part #MD2085. It didn't work right at all, as it was wired incorrectly. The wire colors did not match up at all. I ordered #NG108 from Year One. Works perfectly.

Issue 2: Just recently, I ordered a replacement ignition switch, #MD2185. My current ignition switch worked fine, but it had been spliced into the harness with butt connectors, I was replacing the dash harness already, and wanted to use the molex connector. It also was wired incorrectly. The colors did not match, the wire gauge (size) did not match. It also cranked the starter with the key in the ON position. I ended up putting the old switch back in, cutting the Molex connector off the new switch, and splicing it on to the old leads with Sta-Kon heat shrink crimps covered with another layer of heat-shrink.

So... buyer beware. As far as I'm concerned, they must be selling look-alike parts, maybe that actually fit later-model vehicles but "they look the same, so they must be compatible?"
I bought my harnesses from Partshound.net. I asked why their prices were higher than classic. I was told classics come from mexico, and that they use substandard materials.
I recall someone else here having trouble with classics parts. Once they posted it publicly, classic responded, and dealt with the issue.

hanks73340

Local time
Reaction score
Never have bought from CI. Heard other stories about the less than stellar quality of their products.

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
There are way better places to buy our Mopar parts from than from Classic.

steve817

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
I have purchased many items from CI with good success. I absolutely will not purchase any dash cluster gauges, switches as they have caused many frustrations for my customers who have purchased them. Restored OEM is the best!

Basket case

Local time
Reaction score
I've gotten a few things from them. When I was getting my car painted, I bought a starter replay from them because the original had overspray from the last paint job. The new one was one of the Mopar Restoration approved ones. Lasted two weeks until I went to leave for a car show then click click. Pulled it off, cleaned up the old one and put it back on.

Burns69RT

Local time
Reaction score
You guys do know that there’s only 1 company that does the Mopar reproduction harnesses and year one classic and all the others sell.. company is M&H and they are the only ones licensed by Chrysler to make them... they’re made in the US in Santa Fe Springs CA. So that guy was blowing smoke up your ass to make a sale saying it’s from Mexico...

Photon440

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
You guys do know that there’s only 1 company that does the Mopar reproduction harnesses and year one classic and all the others sell.. company is M&H and they are the only ones licensed by Chrysler to make them... they’re made in the US in Santa Fe Springs CA. So that guy was blowing smoke up your ass to make a sale saying it’s from Mexico...
Maybe the others aren't licensed by Chrysler? M&H does say that they sell to Year One EXCLUSIVELY, they don't supply to any other seller.

moparedtn

Ed on the Ridge
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
CI is just a reseller/drop shipper, correct? They don't actually manufacture anything, eh?

Burns69RT

Local time
Reaction score
Maybe the others aren't licensed by Chrysler? M&H does say that they sell to Year One EXCLUSIVELY, they don't supply to any other seller.
My buddy works in merchandising for classic industries and they buy directly from M&H

kiwigtx

Henchman #4
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score
My buddy works in merchandising for classic industries and they buy directly from M&H
chafouin_cat_catching_pigeon_fail.gif

Just sayin' :rolleyes:

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
Reaction score
..and that seems to be a common wiring error they keep making. Got any pictures of a car yet??

RM23M9A

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents,

CLASSIC INDUSTRIES PARTS SUCK. PERIOD. $100 for a re-man distributor for my A12, JUNK! AVOID ALL of their ELECTRICAL CRAP! ESPECIALLY "DIMMER SWITCHES"! They DO use M&H harnesses from what it appears. Which are what Year One sells. C.I. must get the rejects. Never again. I'll pay for N.O.S. or WAIT on Year One first..