• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning interior dash vinyl

Dodge33

Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
What is everybody having the best luck with? What are the best steps to
follow? I was leaning towards using 303 protectant? Any and all info
very much appreciated. Thanks, Dodge33

I guess I’m the first to answer you on this.
I have been using 303 Protectant, and find it personally to my liking. I have used several vinyl and rubber protectants.
My ‘70 Challenger has all original vinyl interior panels including the dash pad. I like because it doesn’t leave a greasy film and doesn’t make it look plastic like. It does protect well against the hot sun here in SoCal and the ultraviolet sun rays. So it gets a thumbs up from me.

I've been using lemon pledge for years. Works great on dash, door panels and vinyl top. Not greasy and not a real hard shine. Used it on my boat seats for 10+ years and they look like new.

I have been using 303 for years interior and the roof, it does a nice job.

"Cleaning" and not protecting.. Scrubbing Bubbles for Showers. Spray it on, scrub it with the little plastic bristle brush that comes on a carpet cleaning can and wipe clean. It's the only thing I've found in decades that took the brownish look of my Bird's vinyl roof back to black as well, despite trying numerous "vinyl roof" cleaners. The Scrubbing bubbles lifts all the crud out of the grain. I cleaned the roof before the 50th Anniversary of the Aero car in Fall of 2019. Still nice and black. Prior to that it only stayed black until the cleaning product vap'd off ...

"Cleaning" and not protecting.. Scrubbing Bubbles for Showers. Spray it on, scrub it with the little plastic bristle brush that comes on a carpet cleaning can and wipe clean. It's the only thing I've found in decades that took the brownish look of my Bird's vinyl roof back to black as well, despite trying numerous "vinyl roof" cleaners. The Scrubbing bubbles lifts all the crud out of the grain. I cleaned the roof before the 50th Anniversary of the Aero car in Fall of 2019. Still nice and black. Prior to that it only stayed black until the cleaning product vap'd off ...
Thanks , good tip :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back