• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clips for Hood Molding

scottp57

Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
I can see daylight at the end of the tunnel on my '66 charger restoration but I'm still looking for one more thing....(just realized how rediculous that sounded, there' always one more thing).

The clips that hold the front hood lip molding. I've been on every mopar site I can find but nobody seems to have these. They are different than the wire type found on the Coronet. One part is plastic and "C" shaped with a squared hole in it to accept a square head on the bolt. This part goes in to the molding and passes thru the lip of the hood and is held on by a 3/8" nut.

Tried to include pics but can't for some odd reason.

Anybody know where to get these?

I reused the plastic parrt and then ground the head of a stainless screw square to fit into the plastic. I believe 10 24 is correct.

all the ones I've run across were just metal, no plastic.

I may have a spare set but won't be back to my parts stash for several more days.

Auto Transport Service
Back