• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

clutch pedal rod replace

moparjohnny

Local time
10:40 AM
Reaction score
going over my car and noticed that clutch pedal rod is bent,who sells them? i have not taken it out yet,are they a special lenght to purchase for different cars and eng? i have 69 383 eng. thanks

going over my car and noticed that clutch pedal rod is bent,who sells them? i have not taken it out yet,are they a special length to purchase for different cars and eng? i have 69 383 eng. thanks
When you say bent.....how bent?
The clutch pedal rod from the pedal to the Z Bar does have a bend half way down it from the factory - it gives the clearance required when the pedal is depressed. Do not straighten the rod, without post a pic here first or checking against another one.

Hmmm,
I'm so sorry "mopar johnny"
Binding/Bent/not working correctly///
Gee we are all just trying to figure this out to help

Hmmm,
I'm so sorry "mopar johnny"
Binding/Bent/not working correctly///
Gee we are all just trying to figure this out to help
maybe its not bent at all,given what kiwi said about it having a natural bend in the middle,its work fine,no binding. i was thinking it should be straight,learn something new every day.

Not the best picture to demonstrate....but you can just make out the bend below the halfway mark at the top of the flash reflection...
CPR272.jpg

Not the best picture to demonstrate....but you can just make out the bend below the halfway mark at the top of the flash reflection...
CPR272.jpg
thank you,do you know if the clip that holds to clutch pedal slides on with both sides of clip or do i just take one side of the clip and slide on pin,someone had removed the clip and tied with heavy wire. thanks

clip goes on completely - both sides of the clip

do you know if the clip that holds to clutch pedal slides on with both sides of clip
The clip goes on the outside of the rod, and compresses between the flange of the rod and the rod end - much like a spring clip - that prevents it falling off due to the shape of the slots.:thumbsup: remember - the 'rolled edge' is on the outside, so the the clip sits flat when installed.

Auto Transport Service
Back