• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coker Tire Magnum 500 Delivered today!

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Just want to let everyone know that my 15 X 7's and 15 X 8's just got delivered. I called Coker and talked to Ricky this-morning.
He said the wheels were in stock! He said he didn't know why I didn't get them yet? I called Jegs who I ordered them through
because of the price and free shipping and after fourty minutes on hold the guy come on and says that they're out for delivery!
Holy Crap! Ordered them in August. Now for a sale on Cooper GT's at Discount soon I hope!

Imagine if you hadn't made the call to chase them up?
They'd probably have sold them to someone else and you'd still be waiting.
I wonder how long they were sitting there "in stock"?

Just by chance I called because I was really getting nervous! Then after twenty minutes the guy tells me they're
out for delivery! So then I call my local friendly Discount Tire store that I frequent with all of my other cars, and
ask them by the way, Do you have the correct "Finger Plate" to balance these babies? They say Whaaaaaa?????
We have cones that fit every rim! Wrong Answer! After calling four stores in the area, I finally got someone who
knew what they were doing and he looked for the plate. He found it and blew the dust off. I told him that I would
be in! Whew!!!!! Going after Cooper Radial GT's

A tip based on recent experience: mount the wheels on something and spin them, looking for runout radially and axially (wobble), before you mount tires.
Last 2 sets I've bought, one center (aka "spider") was not square with the barrel, wobbled about 1/4"; another set had a radial runout of .065 on one, and .080 on another.
The wobbly one they exchanged in about 10 days after I submitted the printout from my tire shop, but the radially-questionable wheels have been fine.
When I asked Coker about QC, they told me that they are not checked before shipment !

OUCH! They don't check them eh? I plan on spinning the wheels first to check runout, and balance. If the runout
is O.K., but the balance is off too much, I'll zero out the wheel with some epoxy balance material. (That'll Piss off
the guy at Discount tire). Then the tires get mounted and a chalk mark every 120 degrees. first run, if within 1oz.,
will trim it with weights. If over 1oz., break the bead and rotate it 120 degrees. Balance it again. Sometimes tires
are really heavy at one point. If they put up with my nonsense, I'll give him a good tip! Ha!

The guys I use are not the cheapest in town, but I've always been nice to them and if they fix a leaker for me - which they don't charge for - I give them $10-20 depending on the hassle.
I always get good service from them a a result. My philosophy is I'd rather have things done right than worry about a few bucks.

Just want to let everyone know that my 15 X 7's and 15 X 8's just got delivered. I called Coker and talked to Ricky this-morning.
He said the wheels were in stock! He said he didn't know why I didn't get them yet? I called Jegs who I ordered them through
because of the price and free shipping and after fourty minutes on hold the guy come on and says that they're out for delivery!
Holy Crap! Ordered them in August. Now for a sale on Cooper GT's at Discount soon I hope!
Congrats and hope to see a pic them soon

Auto Transport Service
Back