• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cold Case radiator… Am I missing something?

BAFRAID

She’s looking like a Super Bee again!!
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
Just got this beautiful new radiator from cold case. I ordered an electric fan because I wanted to do away with the engine fan. Coordinated with them about which set up to use. actually through this site. Radiator is beautiful. looks great! however I go to put the fan shroud on with the electric fan and there is no way it is going to fit and not be jammed up against the water pump pulley. Am I missing something?

You have some serious gaposis from the rad to the core support, shouldn't the rad be sitting flush with it? That'd give you a bit of room? Can't help you much more, I'm sure cold case will help. Good Luck

You could probably find a brushless fan that protrudes less into the engine...measure 2x..cut once..ask for a refund on the fan.

What numbers do you have? I have the dual fan on mine.

I have a 68 GTX with the fan mounted on the front with no shroud/stock 22 inch radiator and have no problems at all in traffic etc. Summer can get fairly warm here as well.
Your radiator is more efficient - that fan wired correctly with relays etc will nail it for sure.

I have a 68 GTX with the fan mounted on the front with no shroud/stock 22 inch radiator and have no problems at all in traffic etc. Summer can get fairly warm here as well.
Your radiator is more efficient - that fan wired correctly with relays etc will nail it for sure.
On the front meaning you’re pushing air? Did you have to flip-flop the wires to reverse the fan?

Yep I had the same problem when I install my CC radiator. I went with a flex fan and shroud on my Bee. It was A pita had to buy a 1 inch spacer to make it fit.

Yep I had the same problem when I install my CC radiator. I went with a flex fan and shroud on my Bee. It was A pita had to buy a 1 inch spacer to make it fit.
WTF! I swear no matter how many questions I ask or how hard I try to get the right thing, 50% of the crap I’ve ordered is wrong.

WTF! I swear no matter how many questions I ask or how hard I try to get the right thing, 50% of the crap I’ve ordered is wrong.
So what numbers are you using?

Yep CC is still trying to get their crap together. Call them they will work with you. They posted on their site that I had to buy a certain radiator shroud to fit so I bought it and nope it didnt fit so I had to eat the cost because I bought it from a member. They did take down the info on the shroud when I told them they were wrong.

It sure seems like you have the parts they suggest as fitting. Obviously they do not. A lower profile fan would possibly work. Mine is a 26 inch with dual fans and it fit fine. I did have to grind one fan a bit for my power steering pump snout. I can expect that as I have a non stock custom serpentine set up. Best to call them because no matter what they tell you they obviously have not fit one. I would prefer a puller vs a pusher for overall efficiency. Did the radiator bolt in place OK?

Last edited:
It sure seems like you have the parts they suggest as fitting. Obviously they do not. A lower profile fan would possibly work. Mine is a 26 inch with dual fans and it fit fine. I did have to grind one fan a bit for my power steering pump snout. I can expect that as I have a non stock custom serpentine set up. Best to call them because no matter what they tell you the obviously have not fit one. I would prefer a puller vs a pusher for overall efficiency. Did the radiator bolt in place OK?
I sent an email out to them. I tried calling but they were already closed. That’s another thing. Three of the four bolts fit on the radiator. The two upper bolts fit and only one of the lower ones fits. the fourth one on the bottom doesn’t fit. The groove/hole does not line up with the hole in the support. Another member on here mentioned it seemed like the radiator was sitting pretty far back from the radiator support. There’s probably an inch to inch and a half of space between the actual radiator and the radiator support. I think if the radiator sat flush with the support it would give me enough room for the fan.

your radiator should be tight or close to it ,to support,mine has about 1/4 gap.

Auto Transport Service
Back