• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cold Case radiator is here!!!!

Tim Chavez

Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score
hey guys!
A while back I posted about needing a radiator and what my options may be. With my wedding coming up my budget was needless to say a little thin. This had me searching eBay and hoping not to get screwed by poor Quality. It was on this thread that a vendor Chris or “CCas” as he’s known on here, of Cold Case Radiator Reached out. He said not to bother with poor quality triple stack radiators. I mentioned that my budget was pushing me towards them and He told me to give them a try and he would get me a product that was in my budget. He got me with one of his product managers (Brian) to take care of me the rest of the way. This showed up today and I am absolutely stoked! So preliminary says cold case is a good company to deal with. They communicated with me well when the rad was ordered Friday and arrived on Tuesday.(not bad for PA to IL) I’ll post more once I get to installing it! Huge Thank You to Chris and Brian from Cold Case!

E30E657E-E789-4E45-A833-AEB3FC153763.jpeg

Alright alright y’all convinced me to in box it tonight! Everything looks like it will slide right into place! The fan shroud looks like it will bolt on wothout issue aswell! Now there are a few little quirks. Maybe it’s just me but I had hoped the “cold case” logo was on the outside instead of inside, (or on both sides). Maybe I’m crazy but I like the look of branding on higher end parts. (Like willwood brakes) and the cap is strange to me. Maybe a style I’ve never seen befor? But it is completely smooth on the inside and doesn’t look like it screws on anything at all,What do all think?
Other than that it arrived in perfect shape. All ports covered with plastics to prevent foreign materials and the packing and warranty info was easy to find.

6CE49F2C-244B-4A23-A32F-77A800EDB8C2.jpeg 531E0A25-48E1-4DEC-80AE-7B40E2D2BA6E.jpeg 447028E5-5D93-4CBD-A3DA-65B30679C2BA.jpeg E4799E78-E7FB-49D3-B222-B5D5CB84D72B.jpeg 13F12ED3-E2FD-4CF6-8C75-C39F1D295681.jpeg 6523BEAC-B5DD-4463-9812-50DAD510540C.jpeg

I like it. No fabrication like ECP. Believe me if I could do over again it would be cold case. Keep us updated.

I like it. No fabrication like ECP. Believe me if I could do over again it would be cold case. Keep us updated.
Was your experience with ecp really that bad? I recall you had a leak, did they make it right? A lot of guys here running them and very happy, can’t help but think your situation was a one off. Either way originally I was set on ecp but the cold case looks nice, whenever I get the Funds to get a radiator I’m going to give them a try.

Wow, that looks nice. The proof in the pudding will be its cooling performance. Keep us posted.

Looks nice, but what about hose locations ? Can you order them in the opposite locations than pictured ? I too am running an ECP unit, required a little trimming to get it to fit between the frame rails but in the end it does a great job keeping things cool. That one looks like it'll slide right in place, that's a plus .....

What size? 26"
Looks nice, if you don't mind me asking about price. I would just like to know if that nice looking radiator cost less than the $700 I dumped into my money pit be purchasing a be cool.

Looks really nice, I'll have to keep that name in mind. American Made?

What size? 26"
Looks nice, if you don't mind me asking about price. I would just like to know if that nice looking radiator cost less than the $700 I dumped into my money pit be purchasing a be cool.
26”. I haven’t gotten a tape measure out but it looks like an exact match for my 3574626 radiator. As far as price they have them listed on their website for $399.

It looks like the cap is designed to push on over a traditional cap?

26”. I haven’t gotten a tape measure out but it looks like an exact match for my 3574626 radiator. As far as price they have them listed on their website for $399.
Looks like the same radiator as mine but $300 less and it comes w a nice cap which is another $50.
Not bad, I feel like I grabbed,my ankles

It looks like the cap is designed to push on over a traditional cap?
I jumped on the websites and it has it advertised as “*These are billet press fit caps that fit onto only our radiators*. I’m thinking maybe I got one for a different radiator they sell. It just seems to slide on and off

what about hose locations ? Website didn't give options... surely I'm not the only one seeing this .... lower hose on drivers side, upper on passenger

what about hose locations ? Website didn't give options... surely I'm not the only one seeing this .... lower hose on drivers side, upper on passenger
I think you are the only one seeing that the logo faces the motor. So upper hose is drivers side lower is passenger. Unless your in England

I think you are the only one seeing that the logo faces the motor. So upper hose is drivers side lower is passenger. Unless your in England
I understand 100%, the problem I would have is my water pump inlet/ outlet are on opposite sides ...

I understand 100%, the problem I would have is my water pump inlet/ outlet are on opposite sides ...
Ahhh I see I thought you were saying these were on the wrong side from stock haha my mistake, I would call them up and ask. The product manager I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable. I’m sure he can get something figured out for you

I believe that is setup for the newer stuff right? Mine is the same as yours on my 68 Charger and 68 Runner, drivers side lower and passenger side upper. Standard 68-70 stuff.

Ahhh I see I thought you were saying these were on the wrong side from stock haha my mistake, I would call them up and ask. The product manager I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable. I’m sure he can get something figured out for you
No, haha .. that would be funny though ....
Yeah, I am talkng big block too. Not sure what your application is... weren't most lowers on drivers side ?

Auto Transport Service
Back