• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

color me stupid

And they are not ‘cudas.
Not all 'Cuda models were E body; the 1969 'Cuda was available with performance engines.
1969-Plymouth-Barracuda-Ad.jpg

Interesting. I wonder if that hi po 69 had ‘cuda badges on it?

I don't think so. I've only seen vinyl stickers, not chrome. Places like Graphic Express or Phoenix Graphics sell reproductions. You can almost make out the 'cuda name on the green ad and for what it's worth, I think the 'cuda name was supposed to be above the engine size, not below like this red car.
upload_2019-10-10_13-56-44.png

The 1969 340 'S' had the same 'cuda badges. The were originally going to call it a Mopar 340, but then changed it to 'cuda 340.

The 1969 340 'S' had the same 'cuda badges. The were originally going to call it a Mopar 340, but then changed it to 'cuda 340.
The formula S and the 'cuda were completely separate packages in 1969.

The 'cuda had code A56 for the 340 version and A57 for the 383 version. The M code 440 version was not available the entire model year. All 'cuda models had the lower tape stripe and hood stripes, and the 'cuda with engine call out on the lower fenders like the pic above.

Formula S cars had actual metal emblems and were a completely different package. The Formula S package had been available from barracuda's beginning in 1964. Formula S cars had a formula S badge on the tail panel where the 'cuda model models as well as the standard models had a fish emblem.

Formula S cars were more oriented to handling like a European sports car and had sway bars and items like wide boot tires.

The 'cuda was intended to be brute power and only available with a 340,383, or 440.

ebay456710.jpg 157662_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Ok, sounds like you know your stuff. But it was going to be called a Mopar 340, right?

Auto Transport Service
Back